- celebrity deaths. Particularly tragic ones.
- natural disasters. I like to know all the details. I know, it's weird. I'm sorry.
- The Bermuda Triangle. I am mildly obsessed with this. I think it also puts me off travelling anywhere that is remotely near it.
- books. I can spend ages researching what books I want to read next. I did a similar thing with television programmes recently too. I never really think to do this while sober.
- geography stuff. Ferry Guy was a bit of a history geek - I'm the same with geography. That's partly why the aforementioned obsession with reading about natural disasters - things like volanoes, earthquakes and asteroids fascinate and terrify me in equal measures. I look up geography through stumbleupon - it's funny; because of my preferences I can be looking at a funny website one minute and the next thing I'm researching bizarre lakes (yeah, that just happened tonight).
Basically most of the time when I'm drunk I have wikipedia open on a tab on my browser so I have easy access to all the knowledge. I'm sure I mentioned this once before but with my ex from last year this seemed to really tickle him... so much so, that when his friend asked me to tell him about me, this was the first anecdote he could come up with. He had came to my flat and commented on the fact I had a greek mythology book lying there - he thought I was trying to impress him because he had been telling me about some highbrow book he had been reading a while before or something like that. I explained that a few weeks before I had got drunk, decided I wanted to know EVERYTHING and had ordered books on the bermuda triangle, greek mythology and some other stuff. I didn't even remember DOING it until they turned up.
It's a bit counter-productive really, this wanting to know EVERYTHING while drunk, isn't it? Because I might want to KNOW about it, but i'm too tipsy to really pay ATTENTION to what I'm trying to learn about.
Anyway . . . I'm going back to reading about bizarre lakes now. Toodles!
What do YOU like to know about when you're drunk?