Saturday, 9 October 2010

SATURDAY RANDOMNESS . . .

***I went out for lunch today. And ended up spending 130 pounds. Oopsy. Okay, part of the money went towards a 30th birthday present for one of my friends, AND the aforementioned lunch. Feeling a bit guilty, but at least it was birthday money and money I didn't spend while I was on holiday. And I got a couple of nice outfits and some cute pyjamas, so I guess I should just enjoy my purchases.

***I'm STILL wondering how the idiot on our coach transfer to Malaga airport yesterday managed to leave his suitcase in the hotel . . . AND NOT EVEN NOTICE!!! Freaking weirdo.

***Despite eating and drinking waaayyy too much in Spain (half board so ridiculous amounts at the buffet morning and evening, too much bread and pate and/or cheese eaten on the balcony at lunch, waaaayyy too much Sangria and cava - the only thing I did right was avoid full fat fizzy drink, which is usually my downfall on holiday), I only put on 0.8 of a pound in weight. I'm pretty relieved about that. The diet will begin once again on Monday. And this time, I mean business...


***I'm pleasantly surprised at the weather here. I was expecting Glasgow to turn wintery while I was in Spain. But the past two days I still haven't been wearing a jacket, and I'm STILL too warm. Weird... Oh well, I'm sure autumn will hit properly any day now. Boo.

***I'm annoyed at the X Factor and the way it assumes I have no life and will devote both Saturday AND Sunday nights to it. Particularly annoying when tonight's show lasted nearly three hours. Um - excuse me X Factor . . . when do you expect me to actually, I dunno, LEAVE THE HOUSE???

***I'm back at work on Monday for the first time in over a week. And there's only two reasons I'm not completely dreading it. One is because if I have new clothes to wear, I don't mind work as much. And as for the other reason . . . well, I don't think I need to elaborate on that one.

***Oh and I only have one half day left of annual leave to take before Christmas. This is going to be a long couple of months. Argh!!!

***Considering I had nothing to say, this has turned into a longer post than anticipated. Off to drink more sparkling rose wine now. Ciao!


Any nice plans this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Haha, I know, sadly X Factor will ALWAYS win over Saturday night plans (or at least put them off 'til later!), who are you rooting for this year? I am so in love with Matt Cardle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like Matt too, I have to admit. I also loved Cher Lloyd's audition but I was really disappointed with her performance last night. That Tracy girl, the wildcard one (I can't remember how to spell her name) really impressed me though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totes need a DVR or something to record X-Factor.

    I'll see if I can get a picture of my new bracelet for you. My camera isn't of very good quality so I won't make any promises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't normally watch X Factor but was round at a friend's house on Saturday night and ended up watching it and pretty much the only comment I made was when I suddenly burst out with "OH MY GOD IS IT NOT OVER YET?" when the 13 millionth ad break came on.

    I can't believe someone managed to leave their suitcase in the hotel - classic!

    Holiday money is meant to be spent without guilt. I say just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your weekend turned out well!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)