Friday, 27 August 2010

THINGS I LEARNED THIS WEEK . . .

  • Having a week off from work is awesome. BUT if you spend four days in another country getting drunk, followed by doing the Glasgow Sub Crawl approximately 12 hours after you get home . . . you kinda need ANOTHER week to recover.
  • And therefore you will be exhausted for the entire working week which follows.
  • Drinking alcohol helps me get to sleep better. (See? Now I can go with the "it's medicinal" line. Medicinal wine - the new sleeping pill . . .)
  • Forgetting to take my phone to work with me makes me feel like I've had a limb amputated. I keep looking for it, and can't believe it's not there. I also then worry that people have been trying to get in touch with me ALL day . . .
  • Only to find that I have received no phone calls and one text message. Ooooh . . . the Miss Popularity 2010 could be mine ANYDAY.
  • In work, I am a stomper. The guys on my team know I'm in the office before I walk in the door. Since they told me this, I'm growing increasingly aware of it. And paranoid about it. I try NOT to stomp but it won't happen. It's not just me, at least. Apparently, according to my colleagues, most of my colleagues are other girls around the same size as me. So perhaps it's some sort of small-girl-complex. Without us even WANTING it to happen. All I know is I walked in the door this morning, caught my two colleagues already there looking at each other knowingly and laughing and, when I said "You knew that was me, didn't you?" they both laughed and agreed. How do I walk more lightly? This is a lesson I need to learn.
  • Another interesting (to me) point? When I am LEAVING for the day, I don't stomp. Related???
  • If someone MENTIONS pizza to me, I want pizza. Then and there. I WILL go home and order it.
  • I ALWAYS overorder when it comes to pizza. This results in pizza for breakfast.
  • If I DO eat pizza for breakfast, vowing to be good for the rest of the day, that is BOUND to be the day that a colleague brings a delicious treat into work. Like the most DELICIOUS cupcakes I have ever tasted.
  • I will STILL eat a cupcake. Less than two hours after my pizza breakfast.
  • The film "Stepbrothers" is actually a lot funnier than I thought it would be.
  • Cava is delicious. But then I knew that anyway. So did you, I'm sure . . .


What have YOU learned this week? Any good weekend plans?

7 comments:

  1. mmmm...cava + cranberry is what I want...RIGHT. NOW! I too definitely over-order pizza - I just always think I want a lot more than I can handle!!

    This week I learnt that if you have 2 really awful weeks Twitter can really cheer you up...it's true!! I tested the theory this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Cava and any form of sparkling wine for that matter. Prosecco, Champagne, you name it.
    This week I learned that going out every single night of the work week makes you wanna cancel your friday and saturday plans because you are STILL hungover from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. *le sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a week off from work is awesome. BUT if you spend four days in another country getting drunk, followed by doing the Glasgow Sub Crawl approximately 12 hours after you get home . . . you kinda need ANOTHER week to recover.

    heh, Bill Cosby has a comedy routine entirely about this. And I'm with you on the cell phone thing. It seems like every time I forget it at the house, I'll come back home 10 to 20 hours later and find that no one has called me anyway :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned some interesting gossip this evening!

    Um, I think I have you beat on the Miss Popularity 2010 title and crown. My phone has only rung twice this week! One was my mom calling to tell me she was coming over with her bird and fish and the other call was a good friend calling with the above mentioned gossip.

    I tend to stomp anytime I try to wear heels. I never learned how to walk in them even though I think they're beautiful and I just look soooooooo ungraceful in them.

    Now I'm craving pizza. Thanks a lot! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Forgetting to take my phone to work with me makes me feel like I've had a limb amputated. I keep looking for it, and can't believe it's not there."
    ROFLMAO.. seriously, why haven't you written a book yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol you may be a stomper, but you're a nimble wee thing - I need to get you on some skates and get you jamming in derby! :P

    Stepbrothers... BOATS AND HO'S!!

    Things I've learned this week - I still hate going to sleep sober. I just have weird dreams.
    Also, a chihuaua in a dragon outfit is quite possibly the most adorable thing you will EVER see :D

    xXx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)