Tuesday, 24 August 2010

CHEER-ME-UP-TUESDAY . . . I NEED IT!!!

I stopped by Sainsburys in Woodlands Road on my way home from work and as I was buying my necessary comfort food, the woman behind the till asked me how my day had been.

"Awful," I said, honestly. "I hate Tuesdays." (She remarked I wasn't the first person to say that to her today. Yay for other Tuesday haters!)

Occasionally a Tuesday isn't that bad. But this one was. I can't even pinpoint the exact reason WHY it was bad. It was just blah. Or meh. Or something like that. As I went to leave work, I remarked to a colleague "Oh well, at least that's two days of the week gone. Not much left now." Yup. Wishing my life away one day at a time. Except for the weekends, that is. The weekends can go as slowly as they want to. Not that they ever will.

On the upside . . . a colleague told me today that I looked like I had lost weight. That made my day. Although (with the exception of last week where I did bugger all) I've been doing a lot more exercise than usual and have cut down significantly on my food intake (and sometimes I only drink wine like THREE nights a week - my goodness!) I've not been seeing a huge difference on the scales. But as I mentioned before I can SEE that I'm more toned. So to have someone actually NOTICE is nice. And it motivated me to do my workout this evening. Yay. :)

Anyhoo, since I've had a shitty day, I thought it was time to have a Cheer-Me-Up Tuesday edition. So what have I found to cheer me up on that grand old place we call the Internetz this week???

First up, one of the MANY hilarious customer service exchanges from Not Always Right. Seriously, if you don't already frequent this site, why the heck not???

Me: “Thank you for calling [Cell Phone Company] customer service. How can I help you?”

Caller: “You sound different. Where are you from?”

Me: “Canada. Is there something I can help you with?”

Caller: “Canada? How big is the igloo you work in?”

Me: “Sir, we don’t live in igloos. In fact, it’s about 40˚ here at the moment.”

Caller: “40˚ is freezing!”

Me: “40˚ Celsius. That’s 104˚ Fahrenheit.”

Caller: “Oh my god, how do you keep your igloos from melting?!”


(Original post can be found here. Sorry for stealing it, N.A.R. folks but thought it would be a good advert for you! Not that you need one.) (Stop sucking up, Paula!!!)



Oh and THIS . . . is my highlight of the week. I missed it when it happened, but I was told about it and couldn't help but youtube it. Watch the weatherman around about 14 seconds. He gets caught on camera trying to give his colleagues the middle finger and tries to turn it into some sort of chin scratch . . . with hilarious results . . .





How's your Tuesday? You have anything funny for me today?

8 comments:

  1. Aww sorry your having a crappy day but that's pretty cool that someone noticed that you have been losing weight! Good for you girl! Hahaha funny video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Tuesdays too....if anything bad is going to happen, it will invariably happen on a Tuesday. Today was just blaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for complimentary colleagues!! I wish I had something fun or even nice to share, but my Tuesday consisted of working myself stupid then feeling like an idiot and crying a lot. But your post and your mention of N.A.R fair cheered me up :) I love that site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuesdays are SO boring. I have literally not done a thing today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian Dowling has gone back into Big Brother, that'll be a laugh?! Maybe thats just me but he cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love that site! I even used it for one of my Blog of the Week posts.

    Sorry you're having a blah Tuesday. I hate blah days. And I seem to have them often.

    On the bright side, how nice of your co-worker to notice and comment on you losing weight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAha!! So wish I'd seen that video yesterday it would definitely have cheered me up - brilliant!

    I too had a crappy Tuesday - managing to overwrite a database I'd been working on meaning I lost a total of about, ooooooh, 3 days work. Brilliant.

    Nothing better than when other people notice you're losing weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that video is hilarious. I just snorted tea all over my desk!!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)