Thursday, 3 June 2010

CHEER-ME-UP TUESDAY (BUT ON A THURSDAY INSTEAD . . .)

Thanks for all of your nice comments on my last post. You really cheered me up/made me feel better/made me want to do naughty things to you all . . . er, scratch that last one. (It's just Miss Smidge I do naughty things to, and that's only when she's asleep, remember? Shhhhh!!!)

So in turn I give you . . . Cheer Me Up Tuesday on a THURSDAY!!!

And this is mainly because I went birthday card shopping after work today and bought a couple of cards that made me giggle. Will they make YOU giggle too? (Or will they simply prove I have rotten taste in cards?)

First up, I bought this for one of my team-mates in work for the communal birthday card, which I accidentally became responsible for. Hope other people in work find it as funny as I did.


And this is for my sister. Her birthday was on Tuesday but I won't be seeing her until Saturday. I have photographed this in two halves as it was hard to see otherwise, but these are by far my favourite type of cards. There's a whole series based on fruit and veg and they are absolutely awesome . . .



And that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed! :)

12 comments:

  1. LOL!!! They are hysterical. Wish I'd found them first.
    Happy Thursday!
    (It's Friday here so I am VERY happy)
    Cyber hugs
    Leanne
    (aka Deep Fried Fruit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love that series of cards too. I've been given the one with 'but the currants were too strong' twice, makes me laugh every time.

    You did naughty things to Sam when she was asleep too, remember? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha those are brilliant! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting/giving funny cards! I always get my father one for his birthday that jokes about being old. I don't think he enjoys it as much as I do.

    Oh, and I would totally fight you to the death for my pink couch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me what you did! I want to have enjoyed it too! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I love the New Yorker ones. My favourite at the moment is one of a pig sitting on a doctor's examination bed, and the doctor says to him "It's your ribs. I'm afraid they're delicious."
    It might not translate without the pic but I crack up every time I think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so funny, thanks for the giggles! Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I like the pea one. :) Good finds!
    Happy almost Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, loved the duck one too much! It's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice cards!

    I love choosing cards for people- i take forever and giggle at the ones that i like- other shoppers probably think i'm insane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those fruit and veg cards too...they are very witty and often very apt.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fruit and vegetable card, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)