I don't even have the energy to come up with a good title for this post. Oh well. I'm home now. After having to wait around forever for my train home after the Manchester tweet-up, it was nice to be able to jump on a train five minutes after I got to the station and be back in Glasgow a mere 50 minutes later.
It was such a fab weekend. Why???
- Our apartment was utterly amazing, and we had a great view of the water. (I am absolutely gobsmacked that we actually got Helen to leave today. I was convinced we'd be having to drag her our of there.)
- I got to hang out with Miss Smidge, Pink Jellybaby and Helen again, and got to meet Pearl and Vicky as well.
- I got to drink lots and lots of rose wine.
- I got three nights out in Edinburgh, all in very different areas.
- I got to share a bed with Miss Smidge and when she fell asleep I took advantage of her. Every night. (Sorry Smidge, but I couldn't resist.)
- I live-tweeted the Eurovision song contest. That was amazingly good fun. (And, yes, I AM a complete saddo.)
- I got to wear my new skirt and dress. (Not at the same time obvs!)
- We visited a bar that served their cocktails in teapots and teacups. We also visited a bar that sold cakes and had board games in the back. Quirky.
- I ran quite a lot last night as I was desperate to get to Asda before ten pm so we could buy more alcohol. This means I worked off some of the excesses of the weekend in one go.
- We went exploring, with Smidge as our tour guide. (By the way, she is a sadist who made us walk up hills. Watch out for her.)
- I have decided I like Edinburgh after all.
I cannot wait to see all the pictures that were taken over the course of the weekend (the ones I snapped on my BlackBerry were fairly limited) and I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms already. Miss your faces, girls!!!!
PS And I'm NOT a 'weegie!!!!!