Friday, 23 April 2010

TOPLESS LUNCH?

It was "Wear Your Football Top To Work Day" today in our office. I have no idea why, apart from the fact it was for charity. I don't follow football, so I wasn't taking part. I wore my Barbie top instead and told anyone who asked that I was supporting Barbie's right to play football. Which seemed fair enough to me.

Anyhoo . . . two of the guys in my team took part. One was wearing a Rangers top, the other a Kilmarnock top. We have to coordinate the time we take our lunches so there is always someone in to cover. These two guys wanted to go on lunch together along with a guy from ANOTHER team, who was wearing a (I THINK) St Mirren top.

Basically they believed that lunch would be more fun when they were all wearing their football tops and could slag each other off about their respective teams.

Yes, I will NEVER understand guys.

Anyhoo . . . the brief conversation went like this.

Colleague 1: (to the rest of us) Do you mind if I take an early lunch with Colleague 2? It's just that we want to have lunch with Colleague 3, and with us all wearing our tops, the banter is going to be IMMENSE.

Colleague 2: (not without a touch of sarcasm) Because, of course, we normally don't WEAR tops at lunchtime . . .

It cracked me up so much that I had to give Colleague 2 a "gold star" made out of a post-it. That was by far my highlight of the day.

Yup. My life IS that sad. (It's okay, I don't mind!)

11 comments:

  1. Hehe. I like that you made a gold star out of a post-it! I want one to hang near my desk!

    www.snafuliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, that was a good answer.
    Barbie top..you should take a pic of it so that we all see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Topless lunch?

    I wholeheartedly endorse that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I love how resourceful you were with the post-it :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a topless lunch sounds nice. Only if it is full of good looking muscley men though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, we do slag each other off football wise. You;re right, if you don;t understand it now, you probably won't. It's to do with male pride, competition and loyalty.

    It's stupid, ridiculous but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the Barbie quote! I must remember that one!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbie does have a right to play football, and it would be more fun to watch than 22 sweaty men kicking a ball about a field.....actually i'm not so sure now. Still, i prefer your choice of top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, it's more than okay that this was the highlight of your day. After all, they make entire movies about conversations like this. That could be an excerpt from the script of any of the Naked Gun movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Awesome.
    I can make a ton of crap out of post its!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)