Monday, 5 April 2010

SONGS FOR SUMMER . . .

So it's now April . . . which means it's practically summer!

Over-optimistic? Moi? Probably not. I've mentioned before that here in Glasgow, our "summer" generally takes place in April or May. So I'm looking ahead here.

Now one thing I LOVE to do when it's sunny is laze about in the Botanic Gardens (which are handily just around the corner from me) listening to music that puts me in an extra summery (ie. very good) mood. These songs, even when played in the winter, put me in a better mood and make me long for it to be summer and for me to have a convertible car I could drive around in blasting them out of my stereo. Never mind the fact I can't drive, this is my imagination at work.

Anyway, here are the songs which make my list. It's heavy on the R&B, but that particular genre spells out summer for me.

Don't Mess With My Man - Lucy Pearl



You Know What's Up - Donnell Jones & Left Eye



What's Luv - Fat Joe & Ashanti



Livin' It Up - Ja Rule



Oooh We - Mark Ronson, Nate Dogg & Ghostface Killah



If Your Girl Only Knew - Aaliyah



California Love - 2Pac



Come To Me - P-Diddy and Nicole Scherzinger



All Over - Lisa Maffia



Ride It - Jay Sean



No Scrubs - TLC



En Vogue - Don't Let Go



I Got 5 On It - Luniz




Now that's just a small selection. I could actually have gone on all day but I thought that would be a bit pointless. Other songs which could be on that list - Try Again - Aaliyah, Gravel Pit - Wu Tang Clan, The Thong Song - Sisqo, Foolish - Ashanti, Don't Talk - Jon B, No More - 3LW, Right Here - SWV, Breathe - Blu Cantrell & Sean Paul . . . I could go on but before I get carried away again, I'll stop it there and turn this all around on you!


What's on YOUR summer playlist? Do you agree with any of these? Suggestions of other tunes to be added to the list?

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I don't have a summer playlist up and running yet, but have been listening to a Little Voice cd by Sara Bareilles and Sarah McLachlan's cd Closer. Both mellow, but just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being an RnB fan as such mine would be The Coral - Dreaming of you, Junior Jack - Stupid Disco and Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum. Always cheer me up no end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer, Summer, Summertime by Fresh Prince. :) Ah, I love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quality tunes! I definitely have to agree with Kellie...Summertime by Fresh Prince is a classic. My list would also have to include some Kanye, the Beach Boys and definitely Nelly - Country Grammar. I can't wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. California Love and I got 5 on it are definitely on my summer list. I am stoked to see yours here...now I have some new tunes to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! Those take me way back.

    My summer playlist is way more mellow. Mostly City & Colour, Bon Iver and Bedouin Soundclash. Easy stuff to listen to while camping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavy on the R'n'B? Understatement, much? lol

    Haven't got any Summer playlists that I can think of, but you know me - I usually always include a song in my blog posts anyways :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)