Tuesday, 20 April 2010

CHEER-ME-UP TUESDAY

After the stress of the past few days - and the road rage incident yesterday in particular, I feel like it's time for Cheer-Me-Up Tuesday to make a cameo. Anyone else feel like playing?

So last week, I read a book called "F In Exams" by Richard Benson, which is basically a little book full of silly answers to exam questions in schools. The book made me howl with laughter in many places. So I thought I would share a few of the funnier ones with you . . .


In the Hawaiian islands there are around 500 different species of fruit fly. Give a reason for this.
There are approximately 500 varieties of fruit.


Name the smaller rivers that run into the Nile.
The Juveniles


Name a regular triangle.
A three-sided triangle


Claire used good body language at a job interview. Can you think of three good examples of body language Claire may have used?

1) Pole dancing

2) The Moonwalk

3) The Bolero


Claire was well-prepared for her interview. Explain how Claire may have prepared herself for this interview.
Had a bath and put on her lucky pants.


Explain the process of "learning".
A process by which information goes in one ear and out the other.


Who said "I think, therefore I am"?
I did.



Where was the American Declaration of Independence signed?
At the bottom.



Upon ascending the throne, the first thing Queen Elizabeth II did was to:
Sit down



What was the largest threat to world peace in the 1980s?
Heavy metal, because it was very loud.



That was just a small taster - hope you laughed as much as me, and it makes your Tuesday better. And perhaps you should check out the book for yourself - I would totally recommend it!

If anyone has anything to cheer me up, or wants to do their own Cheer Me Up Tuesday post, please let me know!

9 comments:

  1. How have I not heard of this book!? I am definitely going to check it out.. and Heres to a better day today! I'm sending you good juju!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Name the smaller rivers that run into the Nile.
    The Juveniles"


    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny :)

    A friend of mine once took a biology test completely unprepared and instead of writing down the answer wrote a long disclaimer explaining why he wasn't able to answer any of the questions. It was very official and polite and ended with something saying: I thought writing this disclaimer would be polite and show my respect to the teacher. The teacher was actually a bitch, but I have to give her credit for finding it funny. He still got an F :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those remind me of the stupid detention slips on HuffingtonPost...

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/15/punished-for-being-awesom_n_538107.html

    "Another student made the comment 'you need to push it in further' (innocent comment) and Delton added 'That's what she said.'"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too funny! I want that book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made me laugh at my desk. I also thought i would share a few similar things that i find hillarious;

    UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE

    Bamber Gascoyne:
    What was Gandhi's first name?

    Contestant:
    Goosey?

    JAMES O'BRIEN SHOW (LBC)

    James O'Brien:
    How many kings of England have been called Henry?

    Contestant:
    Er, well, I know there was a Henry the Eighth .. ER. ER ... Three?

    PAUL WAPPAT (BBC RADIO NEWCASTLE )

    Paul Wappat:
    How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and Israel last?

    Contestant (long pause):
    Fourteen days.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are hilarious!! Thanks for the laughs this morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I want to read them all now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh brilliant! Thank goodness I didn't read this in work lol :) x

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)