Wednesday, 13 January 2010

WHERE IN THE WORLD WEDNESDAY: LOVE FOR LOBOS . . .

So it's Wednesday, so we all know what that means, right?

It's "Where in the World" Wednesday time, brainchild of the fabulous Jessica from Classy in Philadelphia.

So where am I today?

I've been on a boat trip. :)

I know I already did Lanzarote two weeks ago and these pictures come from that same holiday but none of them are taken IN Lanzarote itself. We went on a three island trip which took in Lanzarote (obviously!), Fuerteventura and the little uninhabited island and nature reserve of the Isla de Los Lobos, 2km off the coast of Fuerteventura.

I was dying to go to Lobos when we went to Fuerteventura in 2006 but we somehow didn't get around to it, although we did get a boat named the Princessa Ico over to Lanzarote. So when we were in Lanzarote in October 2007 and saw the same boat offering this trip, we decided to do it.


That little figure in the middle is moi, standing in la Hoya de Las Lagunitas (The Valley of the Little Lagoons). The lagoons are beautiful, very shallow so you can wade around in them. Although annoying people in boats get in the way (case in point is illustrated in this picture!)

(I was sooo much skinnier two years ago...)


A very unflattering second picture of me at the lagoons. The weather was absolutely beautiful that day.

The beach on Lobos (Playa de la Concha) is also beautiful (I didn't get a picture of that though, sadly). Because it's in a cove, the water is just completely calm, and sheltered from the main part of the channel between Fuerteventura and Lobos, which is extremely choppy. There's also Montaña La Caldera (the aptly named Cauldron Mountain) which is a volcano - well, half a volcano. The other half fell into the sea - well, so the tour guide told us. Maybe he was talking crap. You can walk up there but . . . well, that sounded like too much effort for us...

This is me on the beach on Corralejo, in Fuerteventura. We were there before we went to Lobos. Like the rolls of fat???? :) (Note to self: do NOT allow pictures to be taken while sitting down wearing a bikini)

(Note to you guys: if you ever DO go to Fuerteventura, make sure and check out the sand dunes in Corralejo - they're awesome. And the beaches in surfer's paradise El Cotillo - wow!)

(Another mental note to self - do a proper WITW Wednesday post on Fuerteventura - but maybe not for a couple of weeks, I'm all Canary'd out right now...)


And last but not least, me on the boat back from Fuerteventura to Lanzarote. This was the fourth boat journey of the day and I was feeling decidedly icky by this point. Which was a shame because generally I LOVE going on boats.

Anyway, that's my contribution to WITWW for the week. Hope you enjoyed, and check out Jessica's blog for more participants!

ANNNDDDD . . . while you're there . . . she is also hosting her very first giveaway. Check this post out for details! It'll be worth it. :)

15 comments:

  1. Making me want to go away somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this series is going to do terrible things to my savings account. Its going to make me add more stuff to my 'places I must see' list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just found you and will be doing the obligatory blog stalking around, finding out more.

    You were in Lanzarote 2 weeks ago?! Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those photos...what I wouldn't give to be lying on a beach RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks gorgeous. And I love your pink bikini. This makes me want to jump on a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like paradise. I would kill to be somewhere like that right now. The snow is bringing me DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this place is gorgeous and the boat trip sounds like so much fun ! Wow, that's definitely a very exotic WITWW :) I love it !

    Here's mine for today : http://aritza-goddess.blogspot.com/2010/01/goddess-of-where-in-world-wednesday.html

    Also, I added a Mr.Linky at the bottom of my post, be sure to add your link in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the photos! I am so jealous of the exotic places you have been. The water is so pretty!

    Love your bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a blast!!! I like this WITWW thing, and the way you do it is fine!! Cute swimsuit by the way. You look great! I couldn't wear a bikini if I wanted to! Or I could but people would run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taking pictures in bikinis is always tricky. Don't feel bad, you still look nice and beachy. ;)
    I'm applying to Chester, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a blast. I need a vacation.

    Also I totally had to google these places since I hadn't heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a beautiful getaway!

    And thanks for your comment! And, yes he was a bit of a haughty jerk wasn't he? A bit pretentious and a hint patronizing. Needs some tight editing but just wanted to get something out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i now wish i were going somewhere warm instead of a skiing trip to whistler on friday! lol

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)