Friday, 1 January 2010

NEW YEAR'S DRAMA . . .

Hello 2010!

(Please be nice to me. I want the best year ever, 'kay???)



A fairly uneventful, but nice night for me as I rang in the New Year. I went over to my friend's flat and hung out with her and her man and imbibed a bottle or two of rose. Then we went to her boyfriend's parents for the bells, then back to hers about 2am where I fell asleep on the couch.

There was talk of hanging out at the pub for a bit with her boyfriend's friends. But they messed us around and ultimately I think it was for the best. New Year's Eve is the one night of the year where I can't really handle the pub.

I ate my weight in Marks & Spencers' sausage rolls and had a pleasant evening all in all.

I am very glad I wasn't in my flat last night - because the police made an appearance!!!

Yes, you heard me right - THE POLICE!!!

When I woke up this morning around half ten, I had a text from one of my flatmates to tell me that she had woken up at four in the morning . . . to find the police in her bedroom. How fucking scary, eh? To wake up and have not only strange men in your room . . . but POLICEMEN at that! (I mean, I suppose it's better than they were policemen than, I don't know, RAPISTS, but still . . . You gotta immediately start wondering what the fuck you've done wrong!) They told her they were looking for one of our other flatmates, which didn't make much sense to her. How did they get in?

She wanted me to check the other flatmate was okay. But thanks to the all-knowing, all-seeing Facebook, I already knew she was - she'd made two status updates since then. I then realised that I'd had a missed call from her at half one this morning, which made me feel guilty. I text and asked her what had happened - she replied she'd had a fight with her boyfriend that had been blown out of proportion by the police but everything was okay. She'd tried to phone me earlier as she didn't have her keys (since I wasn't home I don't suppose it made much of a difference that I missed her call). The police had got into the flat because they DID have her keys.

Okay, so I'm more than a little confused by the whole thing and she obviously just wants to put it behind her, so I just left it at that. Don't really know why the police were roaming about the flat looking for her, but hey-ho. I just have this great sense of relief that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night to find the police in MY room! I DO wonder if they went into my room though - because I had left it in an utter state! And of course there's always this fear that there's something illegal in my room . . . something illegal that I didn't know i had, of course!!!

(Seriously, I don't think there WAS anything illegal but it's always a worry.)

People have suggested in the past that I am a magnet for drama and love to be in the middle of it. But I think this incident just proves it ISN'T me . . . it's my FLAT that is a hotbed for drama!

Perhaps we should have our own reality tv show???

Maybe not . . .

So how was YOUR New Year's Eve? What did you end up doing?

26 comments:

  1. Yes please, a reality show of your life, I would've watched that. I feel sorry for your friend though, I would've freaked out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a police-free New Year's Eve :)

    Happy New Year to you... thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! I am your newest blog follower and look forward to stopping back more in this new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I mean, I suppose it's better than they were policemen than, I don't know, RAPISTS, but still...

    LOL. You never fail to make me snort my coffee - even if it's not *really* a laughing matter...

    I too had a police-free evening - stayed in with NerdBoy and consumed far too much pizza.

    And you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, how freaky! My NYE was way less eventful--sushi and movies with the hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me literally laugh out loud. I'm sure it wasn't funny for your friend at the time but it did make me chuckle. Glad you had a good time and hope your 2010 IS the best year ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of drama. I hope that 2010 is one of your best years yet. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, drama.
    i'm kind of over it! lol.
    glad you had a nice evening =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes - how dramatic!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!
    Now THAT's a drama! :)
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spent new years eve in my pj's and I am still am in them ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey :) Poppin' by to say hi and to wish you a truly amazing 2010!!!! My goodness, you really had an eventful new year!

    My New Year's Eve was pretty good, went to a dinner party at a friend's house with oodles of fine food and champagne on tap! lol! Have been nursing a bit of a headache today, and haven't really budged off the sofa! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have flipped a shit if someone ANYONE was in my room when I woke up that wasn't there when I went to sleep. How about knocking first, coppers?! I hope everythings ok with your flatmate!

    I just stayed in and got drunk with my mom watching Ellen's standup routine. Pretty lowkey and somehow I don't have a hangover.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have flipped a shit if someone ANYONE was in my room when I woke up that wasn't there when I went to sleep. How about knocking first, coppers?! I hope everythings ok with your flatmate!

    I just stayed in and got drunk with my mom watching Ellen's standup routine. Pretty lowkey and somehow I don't have a hangover.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a quiet new years worked nicely for you Paula.

    I spent mine having a nap at home until 11:30pm, at which time my 4 day old son woke up ready for a feed, so we watched the final countdown til New Year on the tv and welcomed it in, with Mr Gil, as a family.

    I was tired, but it was too cute...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man! Freak out! I would shit my dacks if I woke to find any (unknown - unless I was drunk the night before) men in my room (I mean, in the old days anyway). How scary! I know that ill feeling of unknowingly harbouring illegal substances too well. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! There's a chance I may have literally had a heart attack if I woke up to some random man / policeman in my room!! How scary!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i wish you the best year ever !!!!
    so you wish.

    greets from baveria, gemany
    from dieter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fuckin' hell, the drama is neverending lmao!

    And poor.... whoever it was that woke up to the fucking police in her room! I mean, What the fuck?!?!

    Here's hoping you have a fabulous, happy, positive 2010 my lovely! :)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a story to wake up to!!

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really was convinced that this post was going to be TMI lol But it wasnt good job =D. I would be REALLY annoyed if that was going on I mean its not like its THAT expensive espaecially with so many of you contributing! Put some under your pillow! =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness. That had to have been SO freaky. My NYE in was way less interesting. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like that flat mate is crrrazy.

    I hooked up my new big screen TV and fell asleep about 11:30. Didn't make it to midnight. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello i'm new on your board but i cant read correctly a message. Bug in you site ? Thanks you

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)