. . . rose wine, of course!
Amazingly, I don't get hangovers all that often but when I do, I want to die. (Drama queen? Moi? Um - yeah!) And when I'm truly hungover, I can't DO painkillers - they kick my gag reflex into play and let's face it, if you haven't actually manage to DIGEST the pill, it's more than likely not going to work. So I've formed a few ways to try and ease the pain a bit. My hangover cures are as follows:
- Can of full-fat Coca Cola. I don't keep this in the flat often as I try not to drink the full fat stuff despite loving it, so generally I can only have this if I had the sense the night before to buy a can (or two) of it. Anyway, I find the seven spoonfuls of sugar helps me!
- Can of Diet Irn Bru. This is more likely since I DO keep this into the house. But it has to be ultra cold, or it doesn't work.
- Fruit flavoured ice lolly. I don't know why this works so well but it really does.
- Beroca - it's meant to be multi-vitamins but somehow it makes things feel a bit better when too much alcohol was swallowed the night before.
- Toasted cheese or French toast - It's the stodge. Soaks up the alcohol.
- Buttered roll with sausage and potato scone. As before. It's amazing how much the grease helps...
Some people have far stranger hangover preventions/cures than I do.
Rubbing half a lemon under your armpit???
Burying a person in moist river sand???
Drinking orange juice with a raw egg in it??? (vom.)
Eating bull's penis? (Er - I wouldn't even be putting a HUMAN one in my mouth when I'm hungover. Gag reflex remember?)
and the most ridiculous of all???
Um . . . that one ain't happening, dude!
So what's YOUR hangover cure? What helps you the morning after?