Sunday, 27 December 2009

SO JUST SOME RANDOM STUFF . . .

Okay, can't be bothered with a proper post so here's just a couple of bits and bobs . . .

First up, today is effectively my blog 2 year anniversary. As I explained last year though, it's a bit confusing because it's not the 2 year anniversary of "Insert My Blog Name Here", rather it's the birthday of my ORIGINAL blogger blog. THIS blog didn't begin until March 2008, however I prefer to count today's date as the anniversary as my previous blog began at a time when I was happy and things appeared to be going right for me; "Insert My Blog Name Here" was the refuge I sought after things went pear shaped both in the original blog AND with my life. So Happy 2nd Birthday blog - like I said in yesterday's post, I love the blogosphere, and 27th December 2007 was the day I discovered it. :)

Secondly, here's two more random quotes from Christmas day with the family . . .

After my mum is trying to work out how her imitation slanket with pouch on the front works:
Mum: Could I put it on back to front and use the pouch as a fart-catcher???

While I am checking out facebook on my Blackberry:
Brother in law: Are you on Facebook AGAIN? What would you do if Facebook stopped? You would DIE, wouldn't you?

And last but not least, something I've been meaning to do for the past couple of days since I've read Elle's posts on it . . . My favourite 10 books I read this year . . .

Who's That Girl? - Alexandra Potter
The Host - Stephanie Meyer
A Vintage Affair - Isabel Wolff
Molly's Millions - Victoria Connelly
Wish Upon A Star - Martina Reilly
Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
Elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin
E Squared - Matt Beaumont
Rumour Has It - Jill Mansell
The Making of Mia - Ilana Fox

So that's all really. I'm currently watching "Picture Perfect" and nearly finished a bottle of rose wine (I've been drinking since 3.30pm, don't judge me!) After that I'm going onto my green apple flavoured Smirnoff (my brother bought me it as part of my Christmas present - along with Season Four of "Lost", which I have already finished and am predictably completely LOST!) and diet Lemonade and spending the night on the internet and hopefully booking a holiday to Zante, as that seems to be the cheapest alternative now our Lanzarote holiday has fallen through.

So happy 27th December to you all, and happy pseudo 2nd blogoversary to moi!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary!! Here's to a fabbity upcoming year of blogging from you. {^_^}

    I have Twenties Girl on order for when it comes out in paperback at the end of January, and I've also ordered Elsewhere. :) We have some similar fave reads this year - glad to see you've got The Host on there!!

    Anyway, hope you find a cheap but awesome holiday deal. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so fortunate to be near the mainland Europe and all its great warm weather destinations. I'm in Canada and....well...it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!!

    Hope you enjoyed, what I call a 'veg' day. I had one of those days yesterday and LOOOOVED it!!

    Hope you found that perfect inexpensive holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogoversary! I'm coming up on my one year myself.

    Your relative say hilarious things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 2 years blogging! That's quite an accomplishment.

    I absolutely loved Twenties Girl..glad you enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what a slanket is, much less an imitation slanket, but I'm glad your mom found a good use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shock-a-roonie, chick lit on the book list! :P

    Happy belated anniversary! :)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)