Thursday, 5 November 2009

TMI THURSDAY: THE EARTH MOVED; OR PERHAPS IT WAS JUST MY DRAWERS . . .

TMI Thursday


Every girl has a best friend.

And I'm not talking about the human kind; I'm talking about the one we (generally) keep hidden.

Mine was named PG a long time ago. PG stands for Pink & Glittery.

PG is rather on its last legs as he (he HAS to be a "he") has known me for a long time.

Recently, he doesn't always work when I try to use him. Mainly because I only have cheapo batteries and keep forgetting to buy the good kind. So anytime I try to use it, I am swapping batteries about (you know, mixing battery brands and ages like you ain't meant to, out of desperation) and sometimes it works.

Most of the time it doesn't though.

The other day, I felt a bit bored and thought I would see if he felt in the mood too.

He didn't. After about ten minutes I gave up and put him back in my drawer.

I was in my bed and reading when my flatmate came in. She told me she was bored. and was telling me about her day. As she was about to leave she stopped and said "What's that noise?"

I couldn't hear anything (and couldn't really SEE anything either given I'd taken out my contacts and didn't know where my glasses were). All I could hear was the quiet hum of my netbook. I suggested perhaps it was that, but considering it was on my lap and she had her ear cocked towards my desk drawers, I thought perhaps she was just hearing things.

About fifteen minutes later or so, I got out of bed to head for the bathroom . . . and realised, suddenly, that my desk was vibrating.

Yes, my little "friend" had came to life while my flatmate had been in the room and had been merrily vibrating away ever since.

I don't know if she had worked this out or decided it was just a figment of her imagination.

Since she HAS the URL to this blog, she may have worked this out anyway if she reads this (In which case, sorry, B!)

Oops.

To add insult to injury, when I tried switching it on again . . . it stopped.

Bastard.


PS In other news . . . Saturday night is date night. I finally got a text today. Eek!!!

9 comments:

  1. It's funny you should mention this topic. I was sat with three female colleagues yesterday at lunchtime who all proceeded to talk about their 'friends' too.

    Can't say I was terribly surprised then either.

    Get yourself some decent batteries - you'd be doing yourself a gross injustice otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, think I just need to invest in a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is awesome! Some friend PG is though... stopping just when you wanted to use it!I don't have a best friend of the toy variety anymore. I threw it away when my dad came to help me move because I didn't want him to see it! Must find new best friend ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha! Sounds like you need a replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the date can be the replacement..

    LOL. Or you know, you should buy a new one :) and buy like 5 batteries at once to stock up :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. just buy a new one...a girl needs lots of friends right?

    Ooh yey, go you!! See he was just playing it cool. How could he have resisted you in your devil outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I need to think of a name for mine! That is too funny!

    So excited for your date night and can't wait to hear about it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh you've reminded me - tomorrow... new batteries.

    RSI is becoming a potential problem here, otherwise...

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)