Tuesday, 3 November 2009

THE (BLURRY) BACK STORY . . .


The minute I walked into the party on Saturday night, I kind of wanted him.

Well, if I'm going to be truly honest, I knew BEFORE the party. Ever since a night two of my flatmates had had for their close-together birthdays, right before me and the guy ended. There were a lot of people in the pub last night, and it was only afterwards when I saw the pictures on Facebook that I couldn't believe I had missed The Cute Boy.

I mean, I KNOW I'm not the most observant of people, but COME ON!!!

So when I found out he was going to be at Saturday's party . . . I was pretty excited. When we arrived at the party though, the first thing I noticed was he was one of the many not dressed up. Suddenly my "devilish" costume felt a bit stupid.

Then I remembered it showed my boobs to their best advantage. In fact, scratch that. It showed my BOOBS. In a few of the pictures, my nips have practically escaped. Oops.

Anyway, we all sat around and chatted as people are wont to do at parties. It's a fairly small flat so most of the action occurred in the living room, with the smokers nipping out to the bedroom when they wanted a quick fag. This meant a lot of musical chairs went on as people left the room and others occupied the chairs they had vacated. While I kind of hoped I'd end up beside him. But it wasn't happening. We were two people apart at one stage . . . I tried to flirt then. I suppose I was pretty obvious, considering I was forcing only HIM to try my tablet, or moaning at HIM for not dressing up in fancy dress. He tried to point out he was not the only one who had copped out. But I was focussed pretty much only on him.

The others gradually began to leave, but he was meant to be getting a taxi back with me and my flatmate since he lives nearby. So he was my captive.

(MWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

At this point I sat down beside him. "So . . . what's your story?" I asked him.

I think that I thought that was going to sound nice and casual and . . . I suppose like something out of a book or a movie, where I was the clever, witty heroine everyone else either wanted or wanted to be. He didn't have a clue what I was on about. After all, I had forgotten one vital thing here.

I wasn't poised and cool and sophisticated.

I was DRUNK!!!

So I started rambling on about how hot he was, and how the heck was he single and I just couldn't believe it. Embarrassing stuff. I think I started asking him about past relationships but I couldn't tell you what the answer was. I wasn't even sure if he was interested by this point, but I know it was him who eventually said something along the lines of . . . ."Will we just stop talking and kiss."

That's usually MY line. I wasn't about to object though.

I know after that there was lots of kissing, interspersed with me trying to play Guitar Hero, and me giving him my number, and me telling him about how I had saw the picture of him at that last night out and been raging that I missed him. Yes, lots of embarrassing stuff like that.

Yet after me and my flatmate got out of the taxi at approximately 5 am on Sunday morning, he texted me within ten minutes to say he'd had a really nice night and would hopefully see me soon.

I left it until last night, when I was talking to Mich via text and telling her I wasn't sure he wanted to hear from me. I thought perhaps he had just liked me when he was drunk. She suggested that perhaps he thought the same. So I decided to make a quasi-first move and text him to ask how he'd felt after the party. Making a risky move myself and revealing I had puked (that's hardly going to make me seem particularly attractive, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!). After about two hours he replied and a text or two on he said something about getting a drink at the weekend. By this point it was 1 am though, so we left finalising anything.

So that's it. He's cute (if you're my friend on Facebook you could even go see for yourself in my Halloween album...). I kinda like him I think. He seems nice enough - what I remember of him anyway. I'm a bit nervous if it does go ahead because I really don't know him AT ALL. But I suppose I have to start taking risks at SOME point in my life.

Keep your fingers crossed for me anyway . . .

15 comments:

  1. I was under the impression that the hottie you made out with was a stranger. Anyway, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you arrested in that costume? Coz it's got to be illegal to look that good... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd never met him before so as far as I was concerned he WAS a stranger, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahey sounds great! Go go go for it. Dating is all about getting to know new people. At worst you've got a new mate and a good story. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously woman, you look super hot in that costume of course there's a huge chance the guy likes you lol.. Have fun when you see him again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. forcing him to try my tablet??

    I say go girl with all the first moves. Hey sometimes you have to spell it out for men you like them. Mine had to read my blog to realize , yes I was infact into him.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes men are crap at reading the signs..he's a hotty, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn girl.

    i wanna do bad things with you in that costume.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your boobs were busting out!

    Hmmmm, slightly embarassing start but maybe a good finish?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking hot hun! Devilish! :) And isn't flirting and that first meeting the best feeling? Good luck with him. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I wholeheartedly approve in terms of his hot-ness. I am totally digging the rugged look!

    P.S. You were giving the horn(s) to a lot of folk that night, ya dirty minx :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAYYYYY this is the best part of a relationship, in my opinion. When you are just getting to know each other, and have no clue what is going to happen. I frickin love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I checked him out! He is VERY nice!!! Witwoo! Fingers crossed you get your date VERY soooon!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)