Thursday, 29 October 2009

WOUND UP EASILY . . .

The title sums me up nicely.

I'm under no illusions that it is easy to wind me up; simple to get a rise out of me. I don't pretend not to be. What would be the point? People KNOW this about me.

And to some extent I don't MIND people winding me up. As long as they don't go too far.

And if they DO go too far, they can at least REALISE it and apologise.

But when someone puts words I never even said in my mouth, makes me angry, CONTINUES to wind me up, THEN has the cheek to turn around and imply that I am the one with the problem, that I am the one that needs to grow up . . . that person has gone too far.

That happened today.

I am still raging. Furious at myself for rising to the bait, yes . . . but angrier at the person who started it. Curious as well as to why this person is normal with me when in certain company, but in others seems determined to show me up and make me look like a fool. Infuriated that this happened in front of someone I don't know very well, as it showed me off in a bad light.

(Thankfully, as this person witnessed the whole thing, hopefully they can see just how thoroughly I was nettled at the time.)

I just feel like utter crap now.

6 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean.

    I could feel getting a bit furious myself reading this because I know that feeling well. arrgghh people like that are arseholes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people like that are indeed total assholes and you don't need them in your life. I'm sure if people they talk shit about you two at least have an ounce of brain, they won't eat it up so easily. Hope you feel better hun..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to us all. I sister does that to me and I fall for it even though I know exactly what she's doing. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever it was that wound you up sounds like a bit of a knob. I knew someone like that once. Needless to say we don't speak anymore as I just can't be bothered with that crap x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO understand you. There are people in this world that seem to be there just to make your life impossible...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this person drives, why don't we go down the old 'expanding foam up the exhaust pipe' route?

    >:-) mwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)