Monday, 5 October 2009

WHY . . .

  • am I a magnet for freaks on the street? Case in point: the man who decided to stop me on the street this morning to tell me he'd just discovered that Britney Spears was an anagram of "Presbyterians". (I'm not sure what the point of him telling me that was, but he seemed rather excited about it. "I'm telling you, I nearly fell off my seat when I realised," he informed me. Er - ok . . . )
  • was I silly enough to post pictures of myself as a little kid on Facebook so that they were easily accessible to my colleagues to embarrass me on my 30th??? A lovely picture of five year old me sticking her head out of a Wendy House and making a silly face was witnessed by many of my co-workers today. Hahaha.
  • am I so tempted to break into the two boxes of chocolates and bottle of Pinot Grigio Rose given to me by said colleagues, when I have already eaten like an utter pig today??? I truly have no willpower whatsoever...
  • speaking of which, why, when i decided to have a light dinner given I'd overloaded myself with carbs and cheese at lunch, did I somehow end up eating cheese on toast??? Let's face it, macaroni cheese and toasted cheese . . . are pretty much the same thing . . .
  • why is it never the ones I want who want me back? It is starting to become unbelievably frustrating.
  • and why is it that i can't stop thinking about the "happy birthday" message the guy left me and over-analysing the fact it had a kiss on the end of it. Why must I ALWAYS over-analyse???
Grrrr. That's all. Just grrrr.

13 comments:

  1. Well I missed it yesterday so Happy Birthday. I'm a magnet for men that just got out of prison. i guess i should applaud the honesty, but i would rather they open with hi, how ya doing, you have lovely eyes. But no, no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! And my vote is totally for breaking into said chocolates and wine. In fact, that sounds like a good idea for dinner tonight... (Or not, but a girl can dream, right?)

    Also, although it's a totally weird thing to approach a stranger about on the street, I've got to admit I'm a bit amused also by the Britney Spears / Presbyterians anagram. Of course, I'm a bit of an anagrams nerd.

    Try not to beat yourself up! Especially in re: food choices. I'm sure you're doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because if you didn't (over-alanyse) your blog wouldn't be what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl! you've left some comments here and there on my blog so i just wanted to tell you i moved from blogger to wordpress....
    i don't want to leave anyone high and dry!!!
    my new site is www.erinuncensored.wordpress.com
    hope to see you around there soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over-analyzing is my speciality. You just have to let yourself be vulnerable and take the risk. It's better to make a mistake and have it over and done with than worry continuously for days.

    You'll get to 40 much quicker if you worry too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so similar to me and I'm only 19!

    Now, have the chocolates and wine, you only live once.. fuck it ;)

    I love your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone needs a good "grrrrr" post every now and then. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If somebody stopped me to share the magic of Britney Spears=Presbyterian, I think I'd have spent the rest of the day grinning in ecstasy. I'm going to make a point of telling random people equally random facts.

    Oh, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I hope you feel better after venting in this post--sometimes you just have to let it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so hope you enjoyed your 30th!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha... Sounds like that guy was kind of FREAAAAKY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm late saying it, but Happy Birthday!! I hope you did dig into the chocolates and wine. Sounds too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never post embarassing pics of yourself ANYWHERE on the net. My coworker googled my email on google images and low and behold was a picture i would have never wanted my coworkers to see of me in my teens that I posted on a message board that I visit.

    Lesson?

    Learned

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)