Wednesday, 28 October 2009

PROOF THAT SOMETHING IS CLEARLY WRONG WITH ME . .

Recently I've been enjoying the admiration of a younger guy. As in, 23. Given that I am now 30 and not feeling the best about myself, having someone like me who is younger is sort of nice. He asked me out the other day though and I turned him down. He seems like a nice guy and he makes me laugh but I'm not ready to get involved with anyone else right now. One of the things I said to him at the time though "Do you not think I'm a bit old for you?"

Apparently it hadn't even been a CONSIDERATION for him, while I was feverishly thinking "He's younger THAN MY BABY BROTHER!"

But it gets worse. Because he has a picture of himself on his facebook that I actually took one look at and thought "wow, he is CUTE in that. I could fancy him like that."

Turned out he was SEVENTEEN in the picture.

Man, do I feel like a cougar now . . .

13 comments:

  1. heheh nothing at ALL wrong with a bit of younger man action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're only as old as the guy you feel... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think cougar-ism really happens until at *least* 40. I'm 39 and 10/12ths so I hope I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pshh... if he was 30 and you were 23, no one would blink an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pfft, you only live once.

    My ex was 26 when I was 19 (almost 20). That actually makes her nearly 31 and I'm 24 ... it's all good really - 30 is the new 20 and all that. Nowt wrong with you at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say, when your ready of course, that there is nothing wrong with breaking yourself off a piece of younger man! As long as he's legal, your legal and your both into it...who else cares?

    The other day i had a young friend of mine - he's 17 - tell me his friends had been checking me out. Theyre 17, i'm 25 - and i'm pregnant! I gotta say having jailbait aged boys thinking i'm a " bit of alright " even when i have a huge baby belly was a big confidence boost.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Don't worry about that. I was in a bar the other night and saw some hot guys. I thought.. hmm... maybe 22? Still a little young but meh.

    They were 15.

    15.

    I ran away, very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Don't worry about that. I was in a bar the other night and saw some hot guys. I thought.. hmm... maybe 22? Still a little young but meh.

    They were 15.

    15.

    I ran away, very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You aren't a cougar until your 40's. In your 30's your a puma. My hubs calls me PK which either stands for Princess Kellie (if I'm being needy) or Puma Kellie (b/c I'm 2 months older than him so he thinks he can get away with it).

    Regardless, I don't think 23 is too young for a hook up. For a relationship though that is a whole nother story b/c men are so much more emotionally immature than women. :) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Do you not think I'm a bit old for you?"

    That seems like a line from a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I approve what pinkjellybaby and mich said. Hahaha.

    I get like that from time to time, I mean look at Taylor Lautner! Mama wants some of that LOL

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)