(My god, I'm not sure how to say this as it's sure to alienate me from you all, but I have to get it out there. Okay . . . deep breath . . . here goes . . . )
(PLEASE don't hate me!)
I . . . . can't stand the film "Dirty Dancing".
(Please don't look at me like that, all judgey. I wouldn't judge you if you didn't like . . . well, "Clueless"!)
In theory, I SHOULD like it. I WANTED to like it. I like most films of that ilk. Most people who list it as one of their favourite movies would then follow it with a list of all of MY favourite movies. But I just have never liked it. I can't even particularly justify why I dislike it. I just do.
But anyway, it got me thinking about the other things I don't like that other people do. Such as . . .
- STAR WARS - I tried to watch it. I nearly died of boredom midway through the original film. I also didn't really understand what was going on. Hmmm. I didn't try again. That was when I was about 25 . . .
- "24" - I think its completely unrealistic (yeah cos all other TV programmes are SOOOO full of realism), most of the characters annoy me, I can't be bothered waiting for nearly six months for a full day to be over, and I keep losing track of the plot.
- THE BEATLES - most of their songs were boring. They're supremely overrated. That's all.
- COFFEE - I would LOVE to like this, think it would really help me since I am totally not a morning person. But no. It's vile. (I also feel similarly about tea. The only time I ever drank tea, it was over-sugared and I threw up.)
- TAKE THAT'S COMEBACK - Most of the girls of my age in the UK appear to be obsessed with the reunited man-band. I think they should have stayed back in the nineties.
- SCARLETT JOHANSEN - so many dudes like her and I really don't get it. Perhaps because she stole Ryan Reynolds from me. Be-atch, you are going down.
If anyone wants to share anything seemingly universally popular that they dislike themselves, please feel free. Make me feel like I'm not on my own (and that you don't hate me after the Dirty Dancing revelation. Once again, I'm sorry!) . . . PLEASE!!!! :(