Tuesday, 21 July 2009

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON . . .

Want to know something odd???

I have nothing to say.

I know, I know . . . it's amazing, isn't it? But sadly true. I feel mentally exhausted, despite the three day weekend. So weird. I have been back at work one day . . . and have only three days left . . . but I feel like the weekend is not going to come soon enough.

Today was a bad day. I don't even want to go into it. I just think some people are incredibly unjust and unfair at times, and other people like to stir up trouble. Enough said. I try so hard not to let this stuff bother me but . . . it's hard at times. When it comes down to it, when people are inclined to believe others over their own . . . what are you expected to do?

At least this weekend will be a special one. Since come Sunday I will be off to the island of Majorca for a week, swapping my usual Canary Islands adventures for the Ballearics instead. I've never been before, and the weather forecast is looking pretty great, so I'm really looking forward to it. Plus this is me and my sister's first ever holiday away together, just the two of us. We are both so excited about it, as I think we both need a holiday!

So no matter how down I may be about other things, at least I know I should have a lovely week away. Alcohol, nice food, some nice nights out, sunshine and lots of lazing about with trashy novels. I'm hoping it will be an awesome time.

Oh. Guess I had more to say than I thought . . .

So it's been a while since I did a PROPER "Cheer-Me-Up Tuesday" so let's have a decent-ish one this week . . . These were sent to me via email a while back and I really enjoyed these ones in particular so thought I'd share. I'd love to know where these people come up with these ideas . . .




4 comments:

  1. aww the picture of piglet broke my heart, so funny. though.
    Oh its gonna be great to get a vacation, so nice to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Majorca, eh? Dare you venture into Magaluf? Don't do it ... not even for a pint of Vodbul for €4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky lucky you. I so need a holiday :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Majorca but it sounds exciting!

    On a separate note, I saw your 'bookshelf' at the endge of your blog and I noticed 'An Offer You Can't Refuse' by Jill Mansell, I read that book last summer and absolutely loved it! I have since recommended it to loads of people and even lent out my copy. Have you read anything else by her that you would recommend?

    Blue Eyes xx

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)