Monday, 1 June 2009

IT NEVER FAILS TO AMUSE ME . . .

. . . that we in the colder climes spend so long longing for warm weather then can't handle it when it arrives.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely ADORE heatwaves - I just wish that they didn't occur at times when I have to cover myself up (relatively speaking) and can't wear as few clothes as possible.

Scotland is just not equipped to deal with hot weather.

For example, on Saturday afternoon the guy dropped me off at the station. Ten minutes later I discovered the trains were all cancelled. Cue for me to have to wander aimlessly around Motherwell following a random couple who took pity on the fact I clearly didn't have a clue where I was going.

And the reason why the trains had been cancelled??? The overhead wires had MELTED!!!

Yup, if global warming continues, I think Scotland is pretty much screwed . . .

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear...

    The tracks in London do that too. Yay capital city :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. They melted?! Wow! Some heatwave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss European summers..heatwaves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think any of the UK knows how to deal with anything except the ordinary. Which is less than 20 degrees and often drizzling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's exactly the same when it rains, snows, is too windy etc

    *rolls eyes* face it, the UK can't deal with weather, full stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buahahah! (evil laugh) I knew it!!!! months ago I wrote a post on how much I hate the sun and having to put on sunblock and you left a comment saying that u hated the cold, lol! Aw PP, I knew the time would come in which you would realise we can't walk naked on the streets and that hot days tire us up...sigh...:(

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)