Friday, 22 May 2009

THINKING BEFORE I SPEAK . . .

Um, bollocks to that! We all know I can't do that, haha! And let's face it, it's been a while since I had a gem to share - with the exception of the date-related ones . . . which seem a long time ago now (despite only being two months ago!)

So today's little faux-pas? Thankfully not as bad as my previous few. But not a great one either . . .

I was at a workshop thing at a hotel in the city centre for work, one of those things where they try to get our input into how to make the organisation better for us, you know the type of thing I mean, I'm sure. And the first thing they asked us what type of thing would make us want to jump out of bed and come into work happy in the morning . . .

The obvious answer, as we were informed, were that most people didn't WANT to get out of bed in the morning full stop! I suppose this pre-empted us somewhat as this seemed to be OUR general response too. (Can you BLAME us?) So the facilitator in our group tried to break it down as this - if there were two different jobs with the same pay, what would be our deciding factors in which one was better.

At this point I turned to one of my colleagues and muttered: "I just want a job where I can lie in bed all day long, how hard is that???"

From the look on his face, I could tell he had taken that one ENTIRELY the wrong way . . .

"Not as a PROSTITUTE!" I hastened to add. But I think the damage had been done.

I suppose this wasn't really what I SAID in this case. It was either the WAY I said it, or perhaps the way he took it. Still gave us a laugh though!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news . . .

I'm going here in two months time. Very excited. It'll be good to have something to look forward to. (I know I have a cheek, I'm just back. But you have to agree it's not been my best of weeks emotionally!)

And what else? Oh, these are the tracks on repeat in my world right now. Tried to post them before I went on holiday but the bloody thing wouldn't work. Let's try again . . .








What are your favourite songs around at the moment???

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE a big of cheesy R'n'B/hip bop, and the N-Dubz can't do anything wrong at the moment. Like a bit of Dizzee, and hell, it IS a Friday night (my last as an undergrad, as it happens) so I'll be hitting the town, and wanting to hear...
    1 - Right Round - Flo Rida
    2 - Love Sex Magic - Ciara

    ... we all have those club tracks we want to dance to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was asked about what would make me excited to get out of bed every morning on a survey, I answer, "Bagels." I am very easy to please.

    Jealous of your travel plans! I'd love to hop on a plane and get out of hear, but I'm in the middle of a job search.

    Favorite songs right now? I'm listening to my old Hanson CDs. Well, Mp3s. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo me likes Number 1!! Nice choice!! and Ja I know what you mean with saying the wrong thing.. Happens to em all the time.. although yours are just so much more funny!!! =DD

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)