Anyway, the conversation made me think about what I actually like and dislike in general when it comes to food. And I guess my preferences ARE a bit odd at times . . .
- I like tomato (as I said) but I hate it on sandwiches
- I also don't like COOKED tomatoes
- I love sweetcorn by itself but tuna and sweetcorn makes me feel decidedly ill - just the very THOUGHT of it . . .
- I like meat but don't like it on pizza
- I like raisins but not IN things, like Cadbury's Fruit n Nut, for example. Or in scones or pancakes. Yuck. I have to pick them out before I can eat them. The exception? Fruit cake. If it DOESN'T have raisins in it, it's weird . . .
- I adore raw carrots but once cooked they are just disgusting
- I NEVER put salt on food. It wasn't even a conscious thing, I just stopped doing it one day. Now if something is too salty, I majorly notice.
- People say different types of pasta tastes the same, it's just different shapes. I don't believe this. I only really like spaghetti or macaroni. I dislike pasta shells and penne pasta. I don't think it tastes as nice.
- I hate bananas and all banana flavoured stuff. I had banana flavoured medicine when I was a kid and was sick everytime I had it. And my holiday in Gran Canaria last year was almost spoiled by the fact that at dinner, the bowl labelled "custard" always lied and had some sort of banana mousse in it. Revolting!
- I like to eat uncooked pasta straight out of the packet. Also noodles.
And I'm sure there are plenty more weird things in there, I just can't think of them right now.
Anyone care to share their strange food fads or habits? I'd love to know . . . :)
Oh, and fancy doing something good for someone else? All you need to do is pop over to Lauren aka Strict Shenanigist's blog and . . . leave a comment. That's right - all you need to do is leave a comment - simple, right? She's trying to get her THON total up to $100 by midnight (I'm assuming that's midnight HER time and not MINE) and every comment will get her 10 cents closer. So go on and pay her a visit and say hi!