Maybe you can help?
If you had to give up chocolate or cheese, which one would YOU choose?
Seriously, I can't work this one out. I am a sweet person through and through. You know how you get sweet people who like their chocolate more than anything, and savoury people who like their crisps, nuts, things like that? I definitely fall into the former camp. I would far rather have a bar of Galaxy, a packet of Reece's Cups or a slice of cake than a packet of crisps. Obviously I have my savoury moments . . . but my heart lies solidly in the sweetie camp.
And obviously CHEESE isn't sweet. It's definitely hiding out with the savoury stuff.
But cheese is different. Because cheese adds sooo much to the savoury stuff, makes it FAR more attractive . . .
- Chips and cheese - yum!
- Nachos? They'd be NOTHING if it wasn't for the copious amounts of cheese melted all over them.
- Lasagne without cheese would be . . . well, LASAGNE BOLOGNESE!
- Best baked potato accompaniment in my opinion? Tons of grated cheese with a laughing cow triangle added. Hands down.
- Pizza. I mean, do we need an argument here? Even people who don't like cheese (wtf is THAT all about by the way???) like pizza!
- Macaroni cheese. With EXTRA cheese. Of course.
- Grilled Cheese on Toast. One of the yummiest hangover cures ever . . .
- My favourite starter in the world - mozzarella sticks. Enough said . . .
I could go on but, seriously, my mouth is filling with saliva and I'm craving cheese now like nothing else. (Does that answer my question, I wonder? Probably not, cos I was thinking about chocolate twenty minutes ago.)
Oh, and on top of that, cheese is so yummy by itself too. When I'm cutting cheese for a meal, I always need to do twice as much cos I'm doing that whole "one slice for the meal, one slice for ME" thing as I chop.
But chocolate . . . oh my god, melted chocolate is just as yummy as melted cheese.
Obviously not on a baked potato though . . .
Perhaps I should make the decision a bit more logicially, look at all the facts. Or, rather, one salient question . . .
WHICH ONE GOES BEST WITH WINE?
Now, if THAT was the deciding question, you KNOW what my answer is gonna be . . . ;)
UPDATE: At least someone has FINALLY reminded me why I've been thinking about this so much of late - apparently Maxie may have used it as a "Would you Rather Wednesday?" question once. Which proves just how difficult her questions are if I STILL haven't come up with an answer!