Friday, 16 January 2009

ABOUT LAST NIGHT . . .

Although it takes varying amounts of alcohol to get me drunk depending on the night - it could be anything from one glass of vino, to a bottle, to a bottle and a half, to just fresh AIR occasionally - one frequent side effect of drink seems to be the memory loss. I quite often lose huge chunks of the night.

Which is what happened to me last night . . .

It wasn't a particularly LATE night. But it did pretty much commence at 4pm so as you can imagine I was a little inebriated fairly early on in the evening. I have no idea how much alcohol I had, at the time I didn't think it was much, but it must have been really now I look back. Like the time later on in the night where someone asked me if I wanted a drink and I remember saying (possibly slurring?) "Oh I couldn't have another glass of wine, I'll have a shot of Baileys instead". (I realise that didn't make much sense.) Then when I discovered they were out of Baileys (WTF???) I didn't do the sensible thing, realise I was too drunk and ask for water. Oh no!!! I ASKED FOR ANOTHER BLOODY GLASS OF WINE.

Apparently I got a taxi home with one of my colleagues. I don't remember the taxi journey. I wasn't actually sure HOW I'd got home cos I didn't remember. She also informs me she had to show me where the toilet was in the pub - although I'd been there earlier that night already and should have known the way - and then I didn't come out for ages, and she thought she was going to have to come looking for me. I sincerely hope I didn't fall asleep in the toilet again! One time doing that was enough, thanks very much!

I felt like shit today. I guess the side effect of not drinking for a while (even a week) means your body forgets how to cope with alcohol the day after. I was meant to be going to another leaving night tonight but frankly, the very idea of it exhausted me. I decided to just go home instead and have an alcohol free night. (Very unlike me, I know). I have tons of stuff to do anyway, not least work on a surprise for my former flatmate M, who I'm seeing tomorrow. (I can't tell you what, in case she happens to read my blog before she comes over!) So I need to get on with that now.

Anyways, in other news, the lovely Angela from Angelaboration presented me with an award, which I was very excited about - I always like awards and I always forget to mention them when I receive them, which is very unlike me!
ONCE YOU'VE BEEN AWARDED, THE RULES ARE:
1. Thank the person who was so thoughtful for giving you this award by linking their blog to this post. (Thanks Angela!!!)
2. Put the logo on your blog or post. (Done)
3. Nominate 10 blogs which show great attitude/gratitude. (I'm going for attitude all the way, baby!)
4. Link your nominees to your post. (yes, it's coming)
5. Comment them to tell them about the award they've won. (I'm not doing this one - you can find out all by yourself!!! Ha, cos I'm mean like that.)
Sooooo . . . here we go!
Hope it puts a smile on your face - just like it put a smile on mine!

12 comments:

  1. I fell asleep in the toilet a couple of times, I can even send u a cute pic of a barbie doing that :P
    Thanks for the award :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can get drunk on air!

    Are you one of those people that causes long queues in the ladies because you're napping!? :p

    Guys - there you go, mystery of what takes us so long solved!

    Congrats on the award, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memory loss is one of my unwelcome drinking friends as well. I'd trade that for being sick (I never am) any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me?!?!?!

    Woohoo! Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can usually count on 1/2 of any drink i'm having to get me drunk...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY thank you so much!

    But before I got to that part of the post I was going to comment that I forget tons of stuff, too, all the time when I'm drunk. Unfortunately for me it's not usually 100% gone--people will remind me and I'll get kind of horrified as I begin to remember and I'll have to beg people to stop telling me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instance after instance, after nights of inebriation, I wonder how is it that, infallibly, I always manage to find my way home, find my apartment/hotel room. It's like, no matter how drunk I am, I never ever get lost. I like to think of it as one of my talents. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did fall asleep with my face in a kitty litter box once though. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. drunken fun! Hope you got over your dreaded hangover fast!

    and well done with receiving another award! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so behind on my blogs that I just saw this today but thank you SO much! This is totally sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I must have missed this post! Thanks for the award love.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)