Monday, 27 October 2008

YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED . . .

Okay, here it is - drum roll please!!! - the answers to the questions you asked.


Jessica Maria asked - “Have you ever travelled to the States before?”
I have never been to the U.S. - I'll hopefully get around to it one day. When I was working for the criminal she lead me to believe that I might get to go to America, but funnily enough that never happened. I have always wanted to go though, ever since I was a kid, although I'm sure that it won't be quite like I thought. I especially always wanted to go to California. Well, LIVE there ideally. I blame Sweet Valley High and Sunset Beach for this. I actually wrote a post about this during the last blog swap. One day, I'll hit the States and you all won't know what hit you, lol!



Chele asked - “What's the meanest thing you ever done to someone else? As a kid or adult."
I probably have done tons of mean things, but I guess I mentally block them out. I've hurt people, sure, but it's never been completely intentional. Like accidentally getting someone I really cared about as a friend into trouble. It wasn't intended, I was just thoughtless and didn't think of the possible consquences of my actions. I apologised but I guess it was too little too late. And as a result, he'll never speak to me again, storms past me without even looking at me, and makes sarky comments about me to other people. I know I deserve it; doesn't mean it hurts any less though.

Other than that, I suppose the most DELIBERATELY mean thing I did was to my first boyfriend. I wanted to break up with him but didn't really have the courage to do it, I didn't really know what to do. I ended up just being really horrible to him, walking off places without him, not answering his phone calls, etc, until he got the hint and provided me with the opening to break it off. It made me feel less guilty, somehow, I guess. Karma is a bitch though, since I've just kept getting kicked in the teeth in every relationship I've had since.

Chele also wanted me to post more pics of me doing "active things" (like the crazy golf pic from my holiday). Unfortunately I'm useless at sport. So here's my attempts at gymnastics . . .

This is part of my "A crab in every country" campaign (not as bad as it sounds, lol). The pic above is from my friend A's garden in Northern Ireland . . .

. . . and this one was taken in the middle of a roundabout in the early hours of the morning in Torrevieja, Spain (on the hen week, unsurprisingly!)

Weirdly enough, I haven't been able to manage to hold one long enough to get a photo in my homeland yet - I have tried in my own flat, in the grounds of a hotel at the wedding I was at in May, and also once on the floor of the office. All unsuccessfully. It may have something to do with the lack of slopes??? Who knows . . .


Cayman's Girl asked - “If you could have anything but only one thing, what would it be?”
Great question. And quite hard too!!! There's many things I DO want - money, success, LOVE . . . But ultimately the thing I would like the most is to be happy. I'm not a terribly happy person, I guess - I'm upset or stressed more than I'm happy and content. So if I could just be HAPPY . . . I guess I would be, well, HAPPIER.


Kimberlie asked - “Well I'm always curious how people like their cereal – crunchy or soggy?”
It depends on the cereal actually. With Frosties, Bran Flakes or Special K, it has to be crunchy so I'm spooning it in my mouth virtually the second I have poured the milk and put it away. But with Rice Krispies and Cornflakes . . . soggy all the way. I'm aware this will probably sound gross but I like to leave them for at least 20 minutes before I eat them! So yummy . . .

Agent Elle asked - “What was your most embarrassing moment?”
I have done MANY embarrassing things in my time. Dropped and smashed many glasses on nights out, fallen over at inopportune times, walked into a post in full view of my office . . .

But the one which sticks most acutely in my head was when I was in Gran Canaria two and a half years ago. I was by myself as well, which makes matters worse. It's harder to laugh something off when you're alone. Anyway, I was walking down to the beach in Playa de l'Ingles and I was wearing those bikini bottoms that tie and untie at the sides - underneath my tiny little skirt that I only ever wear on holiday as it is positively indecent. Suddenly I felt a bit of a draught . . . er, down below. I realised my bikini bottom had untied itself on one side. It didn't look like anyone was really watching so I put my beach bag and beach mat down and leant down to try and re-tie the strings. Easier said than done since I didn't want to flash my poontang at random strangers.

Unfortunately I was receiving slightly more attention than I realised as four or five middle aged Spanish men appeared at my side, sleazily offering their "help" with my situation. By this time, other people were looking, I was mortified and aware I still hadn't managed to retie my strings. I ended up retying them around my leg as a temporary solution and running away, accompanied by the catcalls of my so-called heroes. Mortifying. I also probably flashed some people my bits in the process as the wind suddenly started up at that point.


Ashley asked - “What keeps you blogging? What do you like about it and what do you dislike about it? How would you describe your personal style?"
I like blogging because I consider it a form of therapy for me. It helps me to vent my frustrations and to get a different unbiased perspective from the people who read my posts. I also like sharing the things that happen to me which I think are strange or funny or just random. I think in a lot of ways blogging has made me more observant of the things going on around me, which I guess ultimately can only help my writing.

What I DON'T like about it? Not much really. I guess the main thing is I know that some people I know are reading. Most of the time this doesn't bother me but sometimes I DO feel like I have to censor myself a little. I guess what that happens with not blogging anonymously, but I TRIED that and it didn't really work out for me. It's not like it's a secret that I'm screwed up!

As for my personal style? I'm really not sure. I guess I'm more conversational than anything else. I suppose, thinking about it, I kinda treat my blog as if it's a person. Poor blog . . .


Elle asked - “What is the worst job you ever had?”
I think that would have to be my one and only part-time job, where I worked in a bakers and coffee shop called Aulds, aged 18. It was meant to help supplement my money at uni, but considering I was getting paid a mere two pounds forty an hour (minimum wage hadn't been introduced at this point) I was making about twenty pounds a weekend. Not great really. On top of that, the job sucked. I had an HIDEOUS uniform, we didn't get any perks (we couldn't even take leftover cakes home at the end of the day!) and handling dirty dishes and cleaning tables was just NOT for me. I lasted about four months then one day I just started crying at the idea of having to go in. I couldn't stay there any longer. I ended up handing in my notice that day. It was such a weight off my mind!
Anyway, that's all folks. Thanks for your questions. That was fun! :)

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely cannot do a crab! I look so funny if I try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Thanks for answering my question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you gymnastics. Your "crab," as you call it. I call it a bridge, and when I taught tumbling to 4-6 year olds, I had them all do them in a row to make a tunnel and then we took turns crawling through. Whenever I crawled through, being adult-sized, the whole tunnel collapsed on me and all the kids giggled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your crab and my splits would be the best exhibition ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha! sweet valley high! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am officially a combination of you and Chele. My party tricks/acts to alleviate boredom consist of scaring people by 'thudding' into the splits, doing bridges (crabs), doing 'swans', and doing odd things with my scary joints. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Your worst job sounds like it was a *nightmare* - grrrr @ Aulds (and double grrrr for not even been able to take the cakes home!! :O If I ever see Aulds when I'm next in Scotland, I will not go in!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ew... worst offer of help ever with the Spanish men and the bikini!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Post!! Sorry bout the hard question - i dont think i would b able to answer it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Love the post.

    That pic is great - gawd, I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)