Saturday, 25 October 2008

TIME FOR A MUSICAL BREAK!!!

Man, it's a HORRIBLE day outside. The wind just won't quit and it's effin' LOUD. Blurgh. On the upside, I have absolutely no plans to leave the house today. Possibly not even any plans to leave my BED. Although I suppose I WILL probably have to pee soon. (Too much information? Soz!)

Since my inspiration is at an all-time low (well, strictly speaking I DO have lots of ideas but not much energy to put them into a post right now), I thought I would take the lazy way out and post some music videos. My theme is "songs I REALLY need to download but have been too lazy to quite get around to it yet". Good theme, huh??? :)

So here is my first choice. I think this could be one of the most perfect pop/r&b songs ever, I just love the overall catchiness of it, and I just think the production on it is amazing. Although the video DOES scare me more than a little . . .




This next one is a song that's been around for a couple of years now, but I keep forgetting to download it. Probably because it's a dance tune and I like to pretend I hate ALL dance songs. Not strictly true though . . . Also, the video is just fantastic.



And now, here's a REALLY old one, not sure why I keep forgetting about this one, since I've loved it for close to 20 years now. I always remember it was playing on the radio when my dad was driving me and my mum to the airport so we could go to Paris in 1991. Weird the things you remember, right?



This is a song from a band I saw kinda by accident about a year ago when a friend of mine was supporting them in Glasgow. I'd never heard of them before, but I do love this song . . .



This song, on the other hand, is one from a Surf advert of all things, but it's a really nice little song . . .



And here is the most recent song on my "need to download" list - I only actually heard it for the first time last night, but I have to admit I really like it. Don't judge me . . .



So that's it - hope you enjoyed!!! Now I really should get out of bed given that it's nearly 1pm and I have done precisely nothing - not that I was ever intending to do much.

Thanks to those who submitted questions to me - the floor is still open though! I'm going to try and answer them on Monday, so you've still got a bit of time to drop me a question if you so desire. And if you can't be bothered clicking on the link to the other post, you can always leave it as a comment on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting list... you certainly have a wide range of tastes. That "Disturbia" video is freaky. And I won't judge you for Nicole S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disturbia is a wicked tune & i love the Surf Ad song!!
    The weather there sounds exactly like ur in Ireland!!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)