Wednesday, 22 October 2008

A DECIDEDLY WEIRD DAY . . .

. . . and I can't really explain why.

I've been feeling a bit out of sorts since I returned from my holiday. I guess because I felt like when I came back things would be different. And generally they haven't been. That's kinda depressing.

Like . . . have you ever not expected something to happen at all, and then been told it would? And felt really happy about it precisely because you HADN'T expected it, and finally felt like . . . . I don't know . . . someone finally UNDERSTOOD? Only to be disappointed when, inevitably, it doesn't. I can't really go further into it than that, and it wasn't even a big thing in the grand scheme of things I guess. But the point is, it was important to ME, and I just ended up feeling so let down. Because it wouldn't even have crossed my mind in the first place. I was resigned to it, and then I got my hopes up. But whatever.

Anyway, then I got freaked out on the subway home. One of the stations was closed (due to a power cut I think) but we stopped in it anyway. It was pitch black. Silent. One girl shouted to her friend "Caitlin, Caitlin, it's like that film 'Creep'".



Yeah, thanks for that, Caitlin's friend. If the doors had opened at that point, I would probably have screamed. And then pushed her out of it.

What else? Oh, I feel fat, I seem to have put on a few more pounds during my holiday. And yet I can't seem to stop eating and my social life for the next few days is fairly hectic so I don't know how the heck I'm going to CONTROL my eating. The angry red dry patches on my neck, which had went away while I was on holiday, are now back with a vengeance, making me think once and for all it's stress-related. My mosquito bites are still itchy.

On top of all that, one of my flatmates just popped by my room to say she thought one of our annoying flatmates and her even MORE annoying boyfriend who is ALWAYS here, seemed to be in the shower together. We had a quick listen, and I'm not completely sure they weren't shagging in there, it kinda sounded like that. My ears feel violated and I'm frantically trying to erase the mental image. It REALLY isn't a pretty one . . .

Yep, real life has returned with a vengeance . . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only bright spot? The bargains I purchased online in my lunchbreak. Here and here. What do you think?

I'm definitely thinking purple is the new black . . .

4 comments:

  1. I love your bargains!! Hope you feel better soon--or less weird, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is why returning from holidays often is so depressing. Not only does live seem a little grey compared to all that sunshine, but when you feel like something in you has shifted, it is hard to return to the normalcy of yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bargains! I'm not sure how to make you feel better. Have you tried chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is most def the new black!
    And Damn u mosquitos they leached off me the first time i went to Jamaica! HATE THAT!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)