Sunday, 28 September 2008

MY VERY OWN PERSONAL ALPHABET

I've been tagged by the lovely LCT of Crazy Brit Heaven to do this meme. Couldn't have happened at a better time as I'm feeling lazy and distinctly uninspired today . . .


A. Attached or Single? Does one REALLY need to ask??? Single, of course, have been for quite a few months now. And I'm surprisingly okay with it.

B. Best Friend? My little sister. There's only twenty months between us so we've always been close. In fact last night I was apparently crying and telling her how she was my favourite person in the world and if she ever died I would die too! Which was a little overdramatic I know, but I'm tearing up thinking about it again. Man, I suck...

C. Cake or pie? Cake, definitely. Cream cakes in particular are a favourite of mine. I wish high calorie high carb things didn't make me as happy as they do. It's kinda fattening...

D. Day of choice? Basically any day I don't need to work. So Saturday and Sunday - unless I have to do overtime, that is!

E. Essential item? I think that would have to be my contact lenses. Just so I can, you know, SEE STUFF!!!

F. Favorite color? Pink, of course! Although I like most colours really as long as they're pretty . . .

G. Gummy bears or worms? I like both, although I generally feel a bit cruel eating either . . .

H. Hometown? Hamilton (South Lanarkshire, Scotland)

I. Favorite indulgence? Fizzy rose wine (Last night, for example, Echo Falls sparkling white zin - delicious!!!). And also chocolate.

J. January or July? July. January is actually my darkest month - literally and metaphorically speaking.

K. Kids? At the moment it's looking unlikely. Never say never and all that but I don't even feel able to look after MYSELF half the time, let alone someone else. I can't help but feel if I had a kid I'd probably misplace it under a big mound of clutter. Someone said to me the other day how they didn't realise how much their life would change when they had kids, but I'm very aware it would mean BIG changes for me and I'm just too selfish for that right now. It's probably a good thing I don't have a man and therefore no potential to be impregnated at the moment. Phew . . .

L. Life isn’t complete without? My friends and family, good food and good books.

M. Marriage date? I seriously don't see myself getting married. I am seemingly incapable of making a RELATIONSHIP last any period of time, so how would the MARRIAGE thing work??? Nah, not for me . . .*

N. Number of brothers and sisters? A younger sister and two younger brothers. I always say I have two brothers even though one of them died of cot death at three months old. I was about four at the time (it was Christmas eve 1983 it happened) so I still think now how he would be 25 now had he lived. I wish cot death didn't happen, it's so sad.

O. Oranges or Apples? I like both, but apples are certainly easier to munch on!

P. Phobias? I don't think I have any actual PHOBIAS but there's lots of things I'm scared of. Spiders, you will already know about from my post the other day. Cockroaches. Snakes. Planes (or, more appropriately, planes CRASHING!) High buildings - even before 9/11. Being murdered. And so on . . .

Q. Quotes? I like silly quotes, nothing too deep and meaningful. You know, like "60% of the time, it works everytime" or "I wanna be on you". (Anchorman) Or various Friends quotes which, like I say, can be pulled out for pretty much any occasion.My favourite quote from a song at the moment which I deem to be quite true is from "Take it like a Man" by Dragonette "Everything worth it hurts a little bit."

R. Reasons to smile? I'm a bad smiler. I'm more one of those people who random builders etc shout at to order me to cheer up a bit. (Which causes me to want to lamp them). That's just the way my face is unfortunately. But I'm often happy on the inside, honest!!! And if someone tells me a funny joke or story, or sends me a funny email or text, more often than not that will cause a smile. Or would that be more of a SMIRK??? Hmmm, same difference I guess . . .

S. Season of choice? I was about to say summer, then I realised it was probably actually spring. Summer tends to be a disappointment, where spring has potential. At that point you have the hope that the coming summer season will be lovely. And after winter, spring is such a nice change. Lighter, warmer, far less depressing . . .

T. Tag 5 people: I'm not going to tag anyone but if anyone wants to try this off their own back, feel free! And let me know you've done it so I can check it out . . .

U. Unknown fact about me? I never went to a gig until I was 23. (And the first gig I went to was Linkin Park)

V. Vegetable? I actually like far more vegetables than I ever realised, mainly the green variety. Brocolli, asparagus, cabbage, brussel sprouts (why do so many people not like these?), cauliflower, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, carrots (only raw though, can't abide them cooked), peppers, onions, mushroom (do they count as a vegetable? I know they're fungus or something really - I try not to let that put me off them).
I'm fully aware I was not meant to just start listing vegetables but I have no clear cut favourite and like all of the above!

W. Worst habit? It's a bit gross I know, but I have a tendency to scrape off my nail polish with my teeth if it starts to chip and I can't pick it off with my fingers easily. Oh, and I'm a pen-chewer. Yes. One of those . . .

X. X-ray or Ultrasound? I've never had either, so I don't really feel like I have enough information to choose!

Y. Your favorite food? Green and Blacks organic milk chocolate.

Z. Zodiac sign? Libra. And in a lot of ways I'm a typical Libra . . . **


*I wouldn't mind the white dress and diamond ring though. Could I have those WITHOUT getting married???

**And in a lot of ways, I'm not . . .

11 comments:

  1. Fun! Strangers are always telling me to smile too. So annoying, though I usually play along and give them a big grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech. I know it's cliche, but brussel sprouts are really quite foul. And there's so much in one single one... it feels like they never end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this meme!

    Oh, and you're not the only one who does the whole nail-polish thing with teeth. Admittedly, I do it too!

    And 'pink of course!' - AGREED! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, nicely done! Nice to see someone else who is close to their sister too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! Seeing as how i have almost abnormal love for lists or the random variety, i'm definately going to do this one .... check back on my blog in teh next day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get, "smile, its not that bad!" all the time.

    I want to be like, "I'm minding my own business, now mind yours."

    But instead I just glare at them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you pick your nail polish off with your teeth? Oh my gosh! I'm a pen chewer too, I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never take as a bad smiler. Took me by surprise that one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! am definitely gonna try it! and love your blog so i hav nominated you for a brilliante weblog award! Im a newbie blogger so i hope im doing this the right way ;) keep up the great blogging! and the guitar hero lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My little sis is my best friend too. I seriously don't know what I would do without her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woa there lady, Cake is not fattening. I don't know where you heard that rumor, but it is soooo wrong.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)