Tuesday, 9 September 2008

MISSING THE POINT . . .

I received the following email from my mate over in Southern Ireland the other day. It started like this . . .

..it's harder than it looks! Erase my answers, enter yours, send it on to 10 people including the one that sent this to you. *Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...*They have to be real places, names, things...nothing made up! Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question. Use your first name (no nicknames).


Okay. Simple enough, right? Think again.

My friend's first initial is A. Here are her answers . . .


FOUR LETTER WORD: Duck
VEHICLE: Car / Mazda
TV SHOW: Two & a Half Men
CITY: Palma
BOY NAME: Jason
GIRL NAME: Clodagh
OCCUPATION: Receptionist/Admin
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: Underwear
FOOD: Spag Ball
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: Shampoo
REASON FOR BEING LATE: Puncture
STATE OR COUNTRY: Asia
COLOUR: Turquoise
DRINK: Milk


I couldn't help but wonder if I'd missed something, since only one (and a half, I suppose) of her answers began with "A". But when I emailed her to point this out and got a response which made even less sense, I have to suspect that she just completely missed the point . . .

All the same it gave me a much needed laugh, and thank goodness for that since I hate Tuesdays so much!


And speaking of which . . . this week's installment of Cheer-me-up-Tuesday comes courtesy of various product warnings which made me laugh out loud, borrowed from snopes.com . . . (here is the link to the exact page too as I did leave a couple out, but I would recommend exploring the whole website because it's pretty damn interesting)

DO NOT USE WHILE SLEEPING
Sears hairdryer

YOU COULD BE A WINNER! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! DETAILS INSIDE!
Bag of Fritos

SERVING SUGGESTION: DEFROST
Swanns frozen dinner

FITS ONE HEAD
Shower cap box

DO NOT TURN UPSIDE DOWN
Bottom of Tesco's tiramisu box

PRODUCT WILL BE HOT AFTER HEATING
Marks and Spencer bread pudding

DO NOT DRIVE CAR OR OPERATE MACHINERY
Boot's children cough medicine

WARNING: KEEP OUT OF CHILDREN
Korean kitchen knife

NOT TO BE USED FOR THE OTHER USE
Japanese food processor

WARNING: CONTAINS NUTS
Sainsbury's peanuts

10 comments:

  1. I was just as confused as you were!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - LOVE those warnings! Definitely made me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I HOPE a Korean kitchen knife isn't being stuck into children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy... some people make you feel really brainy on your slow days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 the one about the shower cap thing. made me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, wonderful! But now I'm really curious about what the last email said! :-)

    Thanks for the link to snopes.com, a new entertaining internet time waster :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. uuhhh ywah what was that quiz about...I dont get it.

    here is for cheer me up tuesdays...cracks me up every time

    http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/27350111.html#cutid1

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol at the keep out of children - damn - so temptinig...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those warnings were flippin hilarious.

    But you know the sad things is that they have to put this stuff on there. In my technical writing class last year, we had to do an assignment where we were showing someone how to download music and burn it to a cd and we had to put all kinds of WARNINGS in our paper beecause you have to think of every possilbe thing a person might do while following your instructions. It's annoying as hell.

    As far as the chain letter, wtf to your sis. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm confused. But I'll get it in about an hour's time.

    Love your answers though! ;)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)