Sunday, 7 September 2008

AN COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED SURPRISE . . .

Well lookee here, see what I've received courtesy of the lovely Elle at The IT Girl . . .


Isn't it pretty??? It's put a smile on my face, you'll be glad to hear. As predicted, I've now cheered up a bit from earlier. I can't say it's always gonna be a laugh-a-minute with me, you're gonna have to take the rough with the smooth, but my little award here has certainly helped.

Anyway, here are the rules of the award . . .

1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.

2. Link the person you received your award from.

3. Nominate 7 other blogs.

4. Put links of those blogs on yours.

5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.

Okay, so I'm gonna be a bit of a rebel, I'll do the linky-dink-dink thing, but I'm not telling the winners . . . if they want to find out if they've won, they're gonna have to read this entry, aren't they? Ha!!! (There's a method to my madness, you see . . . )

Anyhoo, here goes. The winners are . . . DRUMROLL PLEASE . . .

The Tambourine Queen (
Lyla Lou
Alice in Average-Land
Diana Bananna
In This Skin
A Mask to Hide Behind
Blog Voyeur Turned Blogwhore (if she ever returns to the fold, she can collect her award!)

It was kinda hard to narrow it down, and I kinda wanted to cop out and award it to my entire blogroll AND all the blogs on my google reader that I haven't got around to officially "adding" to my blogroll yet, but I felt like since I copped out on my last award, I should do it properly this time. So congrats all!

And since it was The IT girl who gave me the award, I think I shall post a little clip in honour of her . . .




Thanks Elle!!! :)

14 comments:

  1. Great choices on all counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is hilarious... thanks for the comment on my blog.
    I'm not really the type of person to throw coffee at someone (plus: no coffee to drink then), but I definitely have no compunctions about impugning said someone on the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYY thank you, Paula!!! And about your guy, that your having trouble getting over??

    Single life really is quite glorious. And time heals everything. Give time...time =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY FIRST AWARD!!! Awwww thank you so much!! this totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paula - you're fabulous! Everyone has bitter/down days and it helps to blog about them!!

    Luv ya lady ;>

    ReplyDelete
  6. That award is so cute! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeee the IT Crowd! I LOVE that clip! Was gutted when that show ended but that clip is very real-life, believe me ;)

    And your blog is fab, so you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. My first award. I'm ALMOST speechless. And you definately deserve the award yourself for being an amazing blogger and person.

    A comeback is coming soon....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, thanks babe!! You are awesome, always.

    And the most adorable guitar hero player ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you soo much..i needed that. have been feeling a bit down last few days..no particular reason!! anyway, i haven't read your blog in about 2 weeks..well not just yours, but everybody's..so tonight, i'm going to sit back and catch up on all your stuff..and drama both good and bad!!

    thanks again for making me a winner!!

    and yes it did cheer me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh well done :) lovely award and so well deserved too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats--that is super cool!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)