Wednesday, 13 August 2008

ODD ONE OUT . . .

I went out for dinner with a group of friends tonight to La Vita. Lovely place. The waitress asked for our drinks orders:

"Diet Coke, please."
"Diet Coke, please."
"Diet Coke, please."
"A glass of rose wine, please."

The last one was me. (Of course)

"You're the only adventurous one then, getting alcohol?" the waitress commented.

"No, I'm the only alcoholic*," I replied.

I'm not entirely sure I meant to say that out loud . . .

ANYWAY, today I'm laughing at this and this . . . oh, and this too . . .

*I'm probably NOT an alcoholic. As a good friend of mine always says "I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings."

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha thats gold. Even if you didn't mean to say it you were witty as. I wish even accidently I could come up with lines like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, sounds like something that would happen to me and my girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I seriously <3 you.

    I did that at lunch the other day...

    ice tea... ice tea... whiskey sour. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose wine is sooo much better for you than Diet Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's totally me! Love it ;>

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious, I would totally say something like that too. Solid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny! I'll have to remember that line...

    BTW, thanks for the links to stupid game show answers. DUH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yeah...know the feeling :)

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)