Saturday, 26 July 2008

MY HEAD HURTS . . .

Mixing your drinks is never a good idea. And mix them I did. Cava. vodka, Baileys and . . . water! Which makes it especially weird why my head is currently throbbing so much but there you go!

Maybe it's not a hangover, maybe it's my body punishing myself for not taking the opportunity to meet up with the London guy. I was texting his friend and he said they were out in the west end and I should come out, but unfortunately I was in the south side so stayed put. Oh well. Maybe it's been that long now that I just can't be bothered anymore. I may just end up a cat lady or something. Would need to buy a cat first though, or several.

As long as I have someone who buys me chocolate on a regular basis, I would probably be happy enough.

I'll be out tonight anyway and have said to the guy's friend to let me know where they are going and we might stop by, but not sure I would bother anyway. Too much water under the bridge now really.

So I'm looking forward to another night out anyway, but first I've got to do something I haven't done in a while - visit my Granda. Me and my sister decided to do so since my parents are on holiday right now and since, embarrassingly, we haven't seen him since my gran's funeral in March. I know, it's terrible, I can't really justify it apart from the fact that I have been so busy, and not really equipped to deal with the awkward situation. Also, I didn't really see them a lot anyway, probably only a couple of times a year after I moved out on my own, so it would be weird to me to suddenly start visiting all the time - although my Granda is a great guy. So neither me or my sis really know what we are going to say or what it is going to be like, but we need to do this I guess.

I think more than anything it will just remind me of my Gran's sudden death and the funeral and how brave my Granda was, and I just remember how hard that day was. Selfish I know, but there you go. That couple of months of my life was just a really shitty time and I don't want to go back there.

But anyway, I'll go and hopefully it'll be good and not awkward, and then I'll reward myself with the pictures (I think Mamma Mia! is what we're going to see) and some drinks and chat. And drunken fun. Sounds like a plan...

Oh and guess what???? No sunshine. :( Grrr.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Granda. I dont see my grandparents very often either, but thats because mine arent all that nice.

    Ooh, and enjoy " Mamma Mia! ". I went and saw it with my mum and it was really fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your trip to see your Granddad ended up going well, and that you were able to get some nice remembrances of your Gramma with her jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh mixing drinks is always very very bad for me. Especially mixing flavored rum with champagne. That was the worst idea I have ever had in my life. I read the post above this one first, so I don't think I have to say good luck at your granda's, but I'm sure you're glad you went!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)