Sunday, 6 July 2008

THE ENDLESS STREAM OF ALCOHOL . . .

Last night I did something a little bit new for me - I went for an Indian buffet. But this was no ordinary buffet - this was an all-you-cam-eat-AND-DRINK-for-two-hours-buffet. All for the grand cost of seventeen pounds ninety five. I mean, come on, how can you resist that??? (Probably you could resist quite easily if you were classy but I quite patently am not, and can't resist a bargain, so there you go!)

I think I managed about five glasses of wine, which I was fairly proud of - but everyone else outdrunk me. We made sure we would know when the two hours were up and as the last ten minutes or so closed in, suddenly there was a a lot of downing and slamming empty glssses down on the table as a demand for a refill. As a result, I think everyone was pretty drunk. A good night was had by all though and after I got home, via a couple of pubs, I passed out on my sofa with the laptop on my knee. I have no idea what I was planning to look up - I think I fell asleep while I was waiting for it to load. I woke up at five in the morning fully dressed, contact lenses still in, full face of make up still on . . . man, I was virtually ready to go out again!!! :)

I'm suffering a bit now though . . .

Oh yeah, and here's my complaint of the day (come on, would it really be a proper day without SOME form of complaint from me???) What the HECK are the ads on facebook doing to me? It clearly picks up the age and relationship status in my profile and then taunts me with a picture of a good looking man with a caption above it that reads "28 and still single?" It's an advert for dating direct or something like that. Grrr. I think it's the inclusion of the word "still" that fucks me off so much. What, are they trying to imply I'm some sort of old maid, destined to be left on the shelf forever??? That pisses me off bigtime. Does anyone else get this? Is there a way to get rid of adverts on facebook or change them???

Oh yes, and since I'm not really up to being my usual HILARIOUS self today (yep, cos you know it's true!!!), perhaps go stop by this post at A Mask To Hide Behind today - it made me laugh!

10 comments:

  1. yah dont get those ads either, thanks for rubbing it in my face facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. So weird Chele, I was on your blog at the same time you were on mine!!! It's like we're one mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get those too. Only I get '34 and still single?' above a picture of a teenage nymphette.

    Clearly facebook has no idea what I look like, or has been scanning my bank account recently. That's a scary thought....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think facebook knows everything . . . Just like God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. an all you can eat and drink buffet sounds amazing....
    i'll have to find me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you could always remove the "single" from your facebook page. I think that'd stop the messages.

    I dont get them because I have my fake relationship on there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your invisible pixie - yeah, it was pretty sweet!!!

    maxie - i thought about that, but then i want any eligible men out there to know i'm available! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. all. you. can. eat. Four of the most dangerous little words ever. And add alcohol into the mix?? Always sounds like a good idea at the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this on the 5th, over here in the U.S. It's one of those drinking holidays....I got a little sick, only because I felt for you because I was so there too! But this whole buffet, and drinks???? Never heard of it over here. Jealousy consumes me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, I just read over my comment, it's the 4th that is the actual holiday, not the 5th!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)