Friday, 13 June 2008

AT WHAT POINT DO YOU KNOW A CRUSH IS RIDICULOUSLY INAPPROPRIATE . . .?

. . . when it's a guy you met 48 hours ago and will more than likely never see again, despite knowing his best friend?

. . . when he lives about five hundred miles away?

. . . when you know precisely fuck all about him apart from a couple of anecdotes you've drunkenly shared upon meeting, and what you've been told by the aforementioned mutual friend?

. . . when he apparently has a girlfriend, even though she too lives in a completely different country?

. . . when you flirted outrageously with one another, dirty danced (to the point where you were almost abandoned in a strange city alone by everyone else?) and had obvious chemistry (and when even I can tell this, there's definitely something going on there!), but failed to close the deal by mere minutes?

I think deep down more than anything I'm just happy I still appear to be capable of fancying someone.

Since my modus operandi is generally wanting someone that I can't have, this is only to be expected. Especially since I was left wondering . . .

5 comments:

  1. But sometimes that rush of realisation that you can still find someone else *that* attractive is all you need to revitalise you for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crushes are bliss, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooohooo! sounds like you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like two weeks late on this, but I wanted to say that I love/hate that feeling! It's such a ridiculous crush but it's still so fun and makes you giddy. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)