Monday, 16 October 2017

WHAT I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW . . .

Oh, another big blog break from me. Since I posted last I turned 38 (eek!) and I've been abroad . . . again! Hopefully this will mark my return to my more regular blogging once again. We'll see.

Anyway, let's get back to it with a post about things I'm loving at the moment.


IBIZA


I'm just back from a wonderful birthday week in Ibiza and I had such a good time. The weather was amazing for early October, we never had any issues getting a sun lounger at our beachside apartments, and had tons of wonderful food (although we did manage to accidentally run  up a 120 euro bill on the night we had a steak dinner... that was a bit out of our budget and did involve us having to root through our pockets for any change we had as we hadn't quite expected it to be so expensive - at one point I thought we were going to have to wash dishes to pay for it!). And the sunsets . . . oh my goodness, I vaguely remembered them being good from my holiday there five years ago but they were absolutely stunning! San Antonio, like Kavos, isn't just for the clubbers, I promise you! The one downside? I was eaten alive by mosquitos as per. Next time I go abroad I will be taking every mosquito precaution I can!


THIS TOP



I got this top from asos last week for a night out and I absolutely adore it. As you might know about me, I'm not really a jeans sort of person, but I bought a pair just so I could also buy this top. It's such a lovely colour and style and quite floaty so it covered up my lumps and bumps. Love it. (Jeggings are also from asos and the blazer is from Boohoo, just in case you're interested...You're soo welcome.)


THESE SHOES


My sister bought me these Nine West shoes a few years ago for my birthday and they are oh so pretty. There was unfortunately a catch - she could only get me them in a size three and I'm a four. Luckily, I'm not quite like the ugly sisters in Cinderella trying to squish my feet into them but they are pretty snug. I may have had to remove them a couple of times on my night out but I still enjoyed having beautiful shoes on.


ARTA PETAL DROP

So if you go to Arta in Glasgow on a Saturday night, at 11pm a monk/grim reaper type person (the jury is out on what it actually is) appears, bangs a gong and then petals start falling down around you. I'm honestly not making this up. It is soooo cool. Honestly, you need to go and see it . . . mainly so you know I've not had some sort of hallucination!


BELATED BIRTHDAY PRESENTS . . . AND CHEESE-RELATED CARDS


One advantage to being away for your birthday is sometimes there are gifts waiting for you when you get back. I got back to work to find some lovely gifts from my teammates - a Benefit gift set, a bottle of cava, a voucher deal for pancakes (yum!) and a fabulously cheesy card. Definitely good to get a wee gift on your first day back in the office.


PLAYING POOL


I'm a bit obsessed with American pool at the moment - I've actually been to the local pool hall twice in less than a week! I like to think I'm pretty good at it, although the thing I'm absolutely best at is accidentally potting the white. Unfortunately the fella is much much better than me and so my wins are few and far between. I probably need to find someone I can beat easier to be my pool partner . . .


ALL OF THE FOOD!!!



I've had some utterly delicious food recently. Halloumi kebab from Babs, a fabulous meaty meal at the Boozy Cow in Aberdeen, haggis bon bons and black pudding pakora at The Big Feed, and breaded camembert at Bell and Felix to name but a few. I do love eating out . . . my belly and usually empty purse will testify to that! Also looking forward to a lovely meal at The Sisters Jordanhill in a few days time - both Sisters restaurants are definitely worth a visit if you're in the Glasgow area.

What have you been loving lately??? I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

  1. Well, you've had a much more exciting time than me recently although we did take a trip to London to see Ricky Gervais and then, miraculously, managed to score 4 more tickets for when he comes to Leicester next month. Apart from that, I'm looking forward to celebrating my mum's birthday on Friday, Halloween (I'm going as Wonder Woman this year) and Bonfire Night - the best weekend of the year for me, Happy belated birthday, Paula! Glad you had a good one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds pretty exciting to me! Thanks for the birthday wishes!x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)