Monday, 26 June 2017

CURRENT IRRITATIONS . . .

One thing you might know about me is that I love a good rant. If you don't know this about me, you've possibly never met me and you've definitely never read my blog. So I figured it was about time I had another little mini-moan about the things that have been annoying me of late. So let's get going, shall we?!?



1) Dresses that zip up the back
Ah . . . where do I start? Dresses with zips at the back are a friggin' nightmare. I've always firmly maintained that they're a nightmare if you're single or just living alone as a lot of the time you have to be a contortionist to actually twist your arm the right way to get the zip from A to B. Another time they're a nightmare? Changing rooms. Recently I took three dresses into a changing room while the fella waited outside in the main shop. He must have been waiting for me for about half an hour, as it took me so bloody long to get them zipped, then unzipped. One of them actually broke while it was on me, and I thought I was stuck in it. (Luckily when I finally got it up and rezipped it, it was suddenly working fine again.) I left that cubicle a changed woman: a stressed, sweaty, utterly broken woman. Still bought two of the dresses, mind. Kinda felt like we'd bonded.

2) Coach Trip
I normally love watching E4 while I get ready for work in the morning. Unfortunately, the recent re-runs of Coach Trip are ruining this for me. I'm pretty sure for the last couple of months they've been putting on Coach Trip: Road to Ibiza, then once that ends, they're putting on the re-run of Coach Trip: Road to Marbella . . . then going back to the Ibiza one. And I don't get it. I don't think it's interesting, I don't think it's funny, I don't get the point of it and . . . I JUST WANT MY EARLY MORNING EPISODES OF CHARMED BACK, DAMMIT!

3) My hair going curly overnight
I can go to bed having blow-dried my hair straight, followed by a quick session with the straighteners . . . only to wake up looking like Monica Geller in Barbados. Seriously, you do end up wondering why you even bother! I have naturally wavy hair but it's not that wavy so I really don't understand why this happens. Ironically if I leave my hair to dry naturally and go to bed like that it has almost exactly the same effect and my hair still looks shit and then requires even more straightening the next morning. Basically I think my only solution is to just not sleep! (Which, actually happens frequently and, now that I come to think of it, actually makes feck all difference to the state of my hair.)


via GIPHY

4) The timing of good weather
Since Scotland rarely gets nice, sunny weather, it would be really good if it coincided with the days I am not in the office. Rather than being nice until I have the day off then pissing it down. Even more annoyingly, when we were in Lanzarote in May, the weather was nice the whole time we were away. We were away eleven nights, from the Sunday until the following Thursday. The weather was nice THAT WHOLE TIME, starting on the Sunday. And then started to break upon our return. By the Saturday it was pissing it down. Now, I know I was in Lanzarote and it was sunny and I shouldn't complain, but couldn't the weather have waited a week and a half to get nice and then started upon my return to Scotland? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK, EH??? (probably.)

What's currently annoying you?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh god, I'm praying for good weather next week as I'm off work! I've been quite lucky and been off during the last few 'heat waves'.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)