Saturday, 4 March 2017

SCOTLAND THE BEAUTIFUL: LOCH RANNOCH!

About a year and a half ago, me and the fella stayed in Kinloch Rannoch. It was certainly a beautiful place, and we enjoyed a trip to the nearby Falls of Bruar while we were there, but the weather was grey and mostly wet and so the loch and its surrounding area definitely weren't viewed in their best light.


Fast-forward to the present . . .

We popped back over to Loch Rannoch for a couple of hours last week while having a wee mini-road trip around the area, however, and were absolutely gobsmacked by the amazing pictures we captured thanks to the cold but sunny day we were so unbelievably lucky to have chosen.


That's the thing about Scottish weather. You can plan and you can plan and you can plan . . . but a lot of the time, if the weather turns out to be shite, you're screwed. On our mini-roadtrip we were lucky that we only had one bad weather day. (And it was a bad one. It was difficult to even get out of the car for a minute to take a picture as there was a risk of your phone drowning as you tried to get a decent snap. As well as get absolutely drenched yourself in the process.)


But on this particular day the sun metaphorically, and literally, shone on us.

Don't just take my word for it though. See for yourself!

Schiehallion looked pretty damn amazing for a start. (I sooo want that to be my first Munro, if I ever get around to doing one. If you are wondering why I sound sceptical about my ability to do a Munro, you should perhaps refer to this particular post . . .)


The reflections and colours were absolutely amazing.




These, combined with the sunshine and clouds and otherwise blue sky caused some pretty freaky
optical illusions on the loch. <3 p="">
Why is that fence floating above the clouds for example? Doesn't that look like the ground as seen from a plane on the right? Not just a reflection on the water.


It's headwrecking but utterly stunning!


We popped along to Rannoch station again (I am dying to go through Glencoe via train and it stops at this stop en route) and it looked very picturesque and dramatic with the sun shining on it. I thought I got locked in the loo there and nearly panicked, but I have mostly blocked that part out. Honestly!

If you're in the area, and it's not pissing it down with rain, I would definitely recommend a wee drive around the loch. It truly is a stunning wee area of Scotland. I promise you, you won't be disappointed.

Have you visited?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)