Tuesday, 24 January 2017

WHY BLOGGING IS BRILLIANT , , ,

I've been blogging now for over nine years and, although I have times when I do take extended breaks from posting, or simply don't post as much, it is a hobby that I've continued to do frequently over this time, and have always kept returning to. And the simple fact of the matter is, it's because I love it!

Almost a year ago now, I wrote a post about my personal downsides to blogging . . . so now it's time for me to provide a bit of balance and present why I think blogging is brilliant!









It's my own little corner of the internet
I can write about whatever the heck I want to write about, and if other people want to read it, then they're more than welcome to. I love when people comment (sadly does happen less and less) and can identify with what I'm writing about, and I love when I can provide assistance or support to someone with a post subject, even that wasn't necessarily my intention when writing it. And as I don't have a niche the world is my oyster!


Meeting new friends
I have made a few really good friends through blogging, and I love this. I've found it does get a bit harder to find really good new friends as you get older, but the beauty of blogging is that sometimes you get to know a person online really well before you even meet them in real life - so when you do finally meet them it's like they've known you for years!


The odd freebie
Now, I didn't go into blogging for free stuff . . . and that's probably a very good thing as I don't get much in the way of it! ;-) I have got the odd wee bonus item though, some hair serum, some gymwear, and even an egg boiler/poacher machine. (I actually still need to use the latter.)


I'm a better writer than a talker
I'm pretty shy (although many will dispute this!) and I often get nervous talking in front of more than a handful of people, and when surrounded by strong personalities I tend to just feel overpowered and clam up or end up stammering over my words even though I know exactly what I want to say. I've always been better at putting my thoughts and feelings into written rather than spoken word, and so my blog is a good forum for me to actually voice my opinion without being interrupted, while also giving me time to measure my thoughts without pressure.


It's a comfortable hobby
Are there many hobbies where you can snuggle up in your bed, or the corner of your sofa, in your PJs, and type away on your laptop to your heart's content? I think not. Okay, you have to go out sometimes to take some pictures or get some experiences to write about . . . but the main part of my blogging process is the comfortable typing-away part and that suits me perfectly!


It's something to look back on
Is it just me or does anyone else read back over bits of their own blog regularly? With nine years of memories there, I do like to go back through parts of it sometimes - there's so many funny moments that I may have forgotten about had I not documented them on here, for example. And also, looking back reminds me of how far I've came over the years... which can only be a good thing. I don't blog as much personal stuff as I used to, but it's definitely interesting to look back on!


What do you love about blogging?

10 comments:

  1. I'm deffo a better writer than I am a talker! Blogging has helped me to express myself better vocally by doing so in writing.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with you that it's helped me express myself better vocally!

      Delete
  2. I recently started my own blog and I feel like I have so much to learn, about blogging and its community. Nine years is pretty incredible though haha x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the beauty of blogging is there's really no rules and you can learn as you go... that's definitely how it has worked for me anyway! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Love this post, it's great to see some positive vibes being thrown around in the blogosphere! 😍 I also feel like my written communication is so much better than my verbal communication, and I love looking at my little blog as my own corner of the internet too! Thanks for sharing!

    Abbey ğŸŽ‰ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that there's so many of us out here, blogging cos we love it! Good to know we are not alone! :-)

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post. It's amazing you've been doing this for 9 years! You go girl! Keep it up!

    www.withlipstickandlove.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES GIRL! I love blogging so much, I've been doing it for two years now and cant remember what I did with my spare time before it! I've made so many magical memorises and met some genuine, life long friends. Really enjoyed this post and wow, 9 years! Congratulations girly.

    Kara
    www.spreadthesparkle.co.uk
    💗

    ReplyDelete
  6. 9 years! Wow! GO GIRL! Im only in my third month lauched haah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog from a walkhighlands post (snap on the NC500 blogs) it's great. 9 years is impressive! Well done. Like finding new things to read 😀

    www.superadventureher.com

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)