Sunday, 15 January 2017

RECIPE: EASY MUSHROOM CURRY . . .

Last weekend myself and the fella went out for dinner to Ashoka West End . . . a restaurant I would whole-heartedly recommend if you happen to be in the west end of Glasgow and have a hankering for a curry. Anyway, I have been trying to cut down on my meat intake of late so I decided to go for a paneer starter followed by the mushroom bhaji curry. It was absolutely delicious, and even the fella had a taste and decided he would probably be ordering that next time we visited the restaurant.

And it got me thinking, why had I never tried to make a curry using mushrooms as the main ingredient before? So, this week, I decided to give it a go.

And for a first attempt, it was pretty damn delicious. So I have decided to share the recipe, cos I'm nice like that.



*****What you need*****

***Approximately 250g mushrooms, chopped into smaller pieces
***1 small red onion,  diced
***Half a red pepper, sliced (to be honest you can use more red pepper if you want, I only had half of one left though!)
***2-3 cloves of garlic
***A tablespoon of olive oil
***200ml passata
***1 tsp coriander
***1 tsp cumin
***1 tsp turmeric
***1-2 tsps. hot chilli powder (or more if you are an absolute spice fiend)
***Sprinkling of chilli flakes
***1/2 tsp bouillion powder


*****Let's get cooking!*****

1) Add your olive oil to a frying pan and heat it up before throwing in the mushrooms and fry them for a couple of minutes
2) Add in the onion and garlic and continue to fry for a few more minutes before adding in the red pepper
3) Add the passata and bouillion, you can also add a bit of water if you feel the mixture needs loosened at all.
4) Get those spices added and let it all simmer together for another ten minutes or so.
5) Serve up with rice and stuff it in your mouth.

Nice and easy to make, and totally delicious, pinky promise. And another good choice if you don't eat meat or are taking part in Veganuary. There's no crap in it, packed full of veg, and it's low fat and low calorie. How can you resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)