Thursday, 24 November 2016

WHO'S THAT GIRL?!?

Hello?

*sidles into the blog, looks around shamefacedly*

Anyone still here?

I've been decidedly missing of action of late; in fact I'm shocked to discover I haven't posted in nearly two months! I've had blog breaks in the past, granted, but this one was longer than I anticipated. I kept meaning to make a dramatic return, but somehow real life just kept getting in the way.


When I last posted, I was about to go on holiday again (if you follow me on social media at all, you probably couldn't have missed that - I employed all of the tactics I mentioned in my post!). We were off on a cheapo holiday to Menorca - and when I say cheapo I mean cheapo, it was something like 220 quid a person. It seemed too good to be true... so when I received an email from the holiday company two days before it to say they were changing our hotel, I was more than a little annoyed.


BUT . . . when you book a self-catering holiday in one hotel and end up in an all-inclusive holiday in another hotel for no extra money? You can't really get too pissed off. Especially when it's the last week of the season and the hotel is rapidly emptying, you can help yourself to your own drink from behind the pool bar, get a pool lounger without any issues (and at some points are the only ones BY the pool) AND there's only one bad weather day even though it's the beginning of October and the Balearics aren't exactly known for brilliant weather in October. Safe to say we were more than happy with that little holiday!

Cheers!!!
On top of that, there's been a birthday  (I was - cries - 37!); a three year anniversary with the boyfriend (I know - I can't believe it either!); my work made a big office move right into the heart of the city centre of Glasgow (both a blessing and a curse - I'll explain about that at a later date); and one of my bestest friends got married, resulting in what me and the fella called The Big Irish Roadtrip.

Oh, and then I got home from that to discover that my wireless router was gubbed. So there's that too.

Add several million nights out and dinners to that and naturally the blog has suffered - not to mention my waistline. Hence the reason why I'm back on the 5:2 diet wagon as of this week.  Hopefully with more success than my last attempt.

Anyhoo . . . I'm back. And hopefully blogging far more regularly. I have so much to talk about. Clothes, restaurants, the aforementioned Big Irish Roadtrip, more about my travels around my beloved Scotland, recipes, dieting . . . and of course my usual random selection of posts. I have a list of ideas a mile long and I ain't afraid to use them.

I just need to get them written.

Wish me luck . . . and stay tuned! ;-)

So . . . how've you been?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)