Friday, 10 June 2016

P'S WATER CHALLENGE . . .

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a confession to make.

*insert deep breath here*

I hate water.

Okay . . . I exaggerate a bit. I don't hate it as such - that would be slightly churlish given that it is all over the bloody place!!! And I love swimming in it, and baths, and we can't forget all the beautiful lochs I love to gaze at.

It's the drinking it I have a problem with.



I've never really understood people who say things like "I love water, I can't get enough of it."

That sort of sentence I would pretty much reserve solely for wine. Water doesn't even come close. Even Jesus knew that.

But at the same time, I know that water is far far better for me than wine. Which is a sad, but true, fact and one I have struggled to accept.

Anyway . . .

I feel like my dislike of drinking water holds me back a bit. Well, except in the peeing department because I probably take far less loo breaks than most. So I cut down on loo time, but I don't think that's really a benefit, except maybe for my employers!

So I've set myself a couple of wee challenges this week and one of them is to drink at least two litres of water a day.  My plan was pretty simple:

1) Buy a two litre bottle of water
2) Take to work with me
3) Pour into a drinking cup with an inbuilt straw, refill drinking cup as required, empty full bottle

Why this is a good plan?

1) I drink water far easier through a straw - don't ask me why!
2) If I have the water at my desk and don't have to go to the water machine to refill, I am more likely to drink it. This is because it's not really acceptable to go to the water machine without having to ask everyone else if they want a drink too, and I'm not good at carrying multiple open receptacles, and walking and negotiating fob-access doors at the same time. So I'll tend to put off going to fill my cup, or opt for a can of juice instead because it's easy to carry multiple cans!

I've now completed the second day of my challenge, and have actually managed to finish two litres of water within four hours both times. I now need to either start spreading the drinking of it out over a longer period of time a day . . . or possibly drink more water each day?

Nah. Let's not get carried away here! ;-)

How do you feel about drinking water? And do you have any tips for making the whole process easier?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for joining us at #beechat - I think we broke Twitter as it won't let us reply to anyone anymore, so we thought we'd stop by your blog and check it out!

    This sounds like such a grea lifestyle choice challenge, which we should also try! We too are not big fans of water, not that we dislike it but it wouldn't be our first choice, but when we do, lots of ice cubes does the trick!

    Jessica & James
    www.foodandbaker.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)