Saturday, 25 June 2016

HAIRY ISSUES . . .

I often feel like I'm having a full-time bad hair day.

Is it just me?

I look around at other people with their beautiful hair and I wonder if they go through as much shit with their hair as I do. I seriously can't cope sometimes. Let me break down some of my issues with my so-called crowning glory . . .



My parting - or lack thereof . . .
My hair just won't part properly. I don't know what it is. It seems to naturally fall into some random zig-zag of a part, and when I try to fix this, it just looks ridiculous. I walked into a parking barrier (I know, what an idiot, right?) when I was seven or eight and I needed stitches in my head, and ever since I've never been able to do a proper centre parting. I'm not saying it's related but I think it is! But then every other parting looks ridiculous too, so maybe it really is just my hair!

Bedhead . . .
There is literally no point in me washing and drying my hair at night and expecting it to look nice the next day. Regardless of the temperature, regardless of if I'm tossing and turning all night, I will wake up with completely unrecognisable hair to that of the day before's.  If I've blow-dried and straightened it, it will be wavy. If I've let it dry naturally in waves which looked okay the night before, it will be frizzy. It will definitely be tangled to fuck. I'm no fairytale princess, that's for sure.

Hair grows . . .
Does it? Mine doesn't.  I don't even feel like there would be a point in getting extensions as my real hair would still be there, looking shit. (I've done the clip-in extensions before - was always a laugh when I got caught in the rain and my natural curls would kick in while the extensions would stay straight.)

Curly or straight . . .
It seems the quickest way for my hair to go curly is to straighten it, and vice versa. Plus, even though my hair is naturally wavy, it does not naturally look good that way. To make it look good wavy, I have to either blow dry it straight/leave it to dry naturally and then tong it. And as for "creating beachy waves with straighteners"? That seems to be the quickest way for me to end up with straight hair. Oh, the irony . . .

Tying hair back . . .
So most people, when they're having a bad hair day, have a simple solution . . . they just tie their hair back in a ponytail or some other sort of updo et voila, they're good to go! I usually struggle to get my hair looking decent pulled back and after ten minutes of trying I have to go out with my hair loose, 50 times greasier than it was when I started, with my bad hair day right there on top of my head for the whole fecking world to see!

Hair tutorials . . .
I love pretty hairstyles and watching hair tutorials and I'd love to be able to make them work like they actually do in tutorials on my actual hair. Unfortunately around 90% of the time, it does not work everytime. Or any time for that matter. (I do have a few with you though, that I will share with you one day. Maybe.) I can't even follow a simple "bouncy big blow-dry"tutorial. Maybe one day . . .


Is it just me who has these sort of hair issues? Please tell me I'm not the only one who has a virtually permanent bad hair day? Or share your own hair issues? Please!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hair tutorials are garbage and pinterest is not your friend. I feel like their sole purpose is to make us feel even more inept and the people who post them are in cahoots with the bandaid and neosporin people to rake in all the dough from people like me, who attempt said tutorials and burn the living hell out of my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I thought i was the only one that had hair parting issues! So glad to know I'm not alone haha x

    Eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of the reasons I keep my hair super short haha! Mine is about chin length atm because I just can't do anything with it! It never holds a curl and I can never get all the kinks out when straightening! *sigh*

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)