Monday, 27 June 2016

BEING FOLLOWED (AKA SOCIAL MEDIA GOALS) . . .

I was doing pretty well on blog so far this year I reckoned. I'd been posting fairly regularly, coming up with some good ideas, producing (in my view) some decent content . . .

And then I went on holiday.

I knew I wouldn't be blogging in Corfu and I was okay with that. But I was thinking of ideas the whole time, so inspired and motivated to get back home and make these ideas into blog posts. But then I got home and just felt a bit "meh" about everything, and as a result, I haven't really been posting very much.

So I want to get inspired again. I still have a list of ideas of things I want to post - I just need to make the ideas into actual posts. And I've been thinking for a while about setting some social media goals, just to try and give myself a bit of a proverbial kick up the arse. The numbers are set out below, and I'm going to give myself until the end of August to see if I can hit them or, even better, surpass them. So . . . let's do this!!!



BLOGLOVIN . . .
So back in the days of Google Reader, I was actually pretty popular - but ever since it was removed and Bloglovin became the new way everyone got their blog fix, I have struggled to build up my followers. At the moment I'm at 62 which I know isn't awful, but it would be nice to get a bit more popular on there. So I'm going to aim to get up to 100 followers. Wish me luck . . . and follow me on bloglovin too, for the love of God! ;-)


FACEBOOK . . .
I actually only set up my blog's Facebook page a couple of months ago - I hesitated over doing it because it meant promoting myself a wee bit to my Facebook friends to build up likes and although I don't mind people in real life knowing about my blog, I still don't really advertise it. But I figured it was a good way to drive some people over to my blog (I'm still waiting to be proved right on that!). I have managed to get 71 likes on that page (mostly actual Facebook friends) so let's be highly original and go for 100 likes there too. (You can find my Facebook page here, hint hint!)


TWITTER . . .
I probably currently get the most traffic to my blog from Twitter, so it's important for me to get engagement on there! I also think I'm pretty funny on it, but it has taken me a long time to build up the following I have - as I type I'm at 1621 followers but by the time I hit publish on this post I may have lost or gained a few! Most likely lost. I tend to lose several followers every time I gain a few so it's a very much "one step forward, two steps back" kind of situation. Anyhoo . . . let's try and drive this up to 1700, shall we? And if you're not following me already on there, then why not? I'm pollypoptart. Get following. :-)


INSTAGRAM . . .
Last but by no means least, we have Instagram. Now, I currently am not really advertising my blog on there and I'm no good at flatlays and I literally just post whatever pops into my head (which is a bit like the way I am in real life  - there is a reason why someone once told me I should think before I speak and then not speak at all!) but I post some nice food pics and some not-quite-as-nice selfies (I'm not good friends with the forward facing camera). I currently have 621 followers on there (exactly 1000 less than on twitter, how weird!) so how about I try for 700? And since my main theme so far on this post has been one of shamelsss self-promotion, this section would not be complete surely without a link to my aforementioned Instagram account . . . so here it is!


So in order to try and get to my goals, I'll be trying once again to blog more regularly, promote myself on the various social media channels, joining in more twitter chats and generally just selling myself.

And if you have any other advice you can give me, please feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. I've followed you on Twitter - good luck with your Social Media Goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you've blogged again! Good luck with your goals.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)