Tuesday, 10 May 2016

P'S TOP PICKS: FAVOURITE BLOGGERS . . .

Now I've mentioned before that, having had this wee blog for over 8 years, I've found that many of the blogs I read back in the day haven't had new content in a long time. Luckily, after doing a bit of research on Twitter, which mainly involved stalking the #lbloggers and #thegirlgang hashtags and clicking on any links that took my fancy, I have started to build up a new base of blogs I like to read along with some of my existing favourites who happily stuck around. So I thought now is the time to share my top picks!


Corinne from skinnedcartree.com posts every single day - I not only find this uber-impressive, but it also means I always have something new to read from her when I log into bloglovin. (Result!) Her content is always fresh and entertaining and she gives some great blogging advice. Definitely worth checking out!

Now I might seem a little biased about this one as I consider Dawn from The Thing About Chaos one of my besties . . . but trust me, her blog is fab and she is as hilarious as she is honest. And her food posts always make me really hungry. (Not sure if that is a good thing though. :-/)

I've brought this girl up before, but I'm going to mention her again - if you aren't already reading Vix Meldrew you need to stop what you're doing and click through right now. I always know I'm guaranteed an entertaining read when a new post from her pops up in my feed.

If you're looking for an entertaining blog about great things to see in Scotland (and who isn't? Scotland is the best place in the world after all!), I'd like to direct you to another good friend of mine, Kate, and her blog Love From Scotland.  You'll find tons of ideas for Scotland travel there and Kate's love of Scotland clearly shines through.

Mayor Gia is a blog I've been following for quite a few years now. She's funny and I love her illustrated posts and her interactions with her boyfriend. Enough said.

Scarlet Wonderland - great writing and great content. And I never know what to expect!

Jemma aka Dorkface probably has one of the cutest and most aesthetically-pleasing blogs of all of the blogs that I read. She also writes some great posts (it's not all about looks after all) and is the leader of #TheGirlGang which is a great wee community. (More info on that can be found here.)

And last but not least . . . because I love a good throwback and I hate the idea that anyone might have missed out on this fabulous blog, despite the fact there has not been a post in a long time from her . . . you should check out Hyperbole and a Half's archive. Some brilliant stuff there - great insight into depression and a hilarious story about how Kenny Loggins (of all people) ruined Christmas.

Who are your favourite bloggers?

2 comments:

  1. YAYY!!! I love finding awesome new blogs. Thanks for sharing. Been following Gia for awhile and of course, Hyperbole is a classic but I've not heard of the rest. I'll definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for putting me in this list :) Also I LOVE DORKPORK :D

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)