Friday, 6 May 2016

HAVE I GOT MY SHIT TOGETHER YET???

So a couple of days before 2015 morphed into 2016, I made a few resolutions here on the blog.  I thought it might be time to check in on them several months on to see if I'd actually managed to stick to any of them.

Let's get going!


1) Cook more
I reckon I've done pretty well so far on this one. A look at my Instagram feed will back that up(feel free to check it out here - gotta love a bit of shameless self promotion, amIright?) - there's been copious amounts of chilli, curry, Italian food, Mexican inspired meals . . . I even made a delicious cashew butter fudge (yes, you heard. Cashew butter fudge!) in the early days of 2016 which I really need to make again just so I can share the recipe with you lovely folk. And also because it was really yummy and I really want to stuff my face with it again.

Verdict: Making Progress. Keep up the good work! (And STEP AWAY FROM THE FUDGE!)

2) Exercise more
This has just not been my year in terms of exercise. I had all the best of intentions, but it quickly fell by the wayside. It just seemed more fun after a long day of work to come home and sit on my arse and watch episodes of "Friends" and drink wine. I can't believe it's already May, I'm going on holiday in a week's time and actually feeling worse about my body than I was at the start of the year. That was not my intention at all!

Verdict: Major fail. Must do better. Must do something!

3) See even more of Scotland
The trips I mentioned in that previous post have been completed. Tarbert in February was lovely, and we finally hopped on board the Strathspey Railway last month and thoroughly enjoyed a night in Aviemore.  There was an overnight in Fort William, taking in the snow in Glen Coe. And many mini road trips. I have my list of places I want to visit, and I want to tick off a couple of those this year still. Fingers crossed!

Verdict: Doing well so far.

4) Blog more
Probably my greatest success so far. I have been blogging a couple of times a week for the most part and I'm more enthusiastic about the content I have been producing and ideas I've been coming up with for a long time. Getting more involved with the blogger side of twitter has definitely helped with this, and I'll be posting about this very soon as this has made such a massive difference to me. I'm starting to get more views again and more comments and I actually am so excited every time I come up with a new idea for a post. Blogging is fun again for me, and this is something I am so happy about.

Verdict: Two very enthusiastic thumbs up. Fine holiday fun. (Totally bonus points for you if you get that reference.)

5) Save more money
I have like 250 pounds in my savings now. I'm probably going to end up having to use loads of it as I'm pretty skint again and it's still a week until payday . . .

Verdict: Ah well, you can't win them all. And the old adage "saving for a rainy day" is a moot point in Glasgow...

All in all, I reckon I've actually done okay. Just need to get up off my arse a bit more and stop throwing my money away on wine and eating out. Hmmm... maybe those should have been my resolutions?

Who am I kidding?!? I wouldn't have lasted a week with those ones . . .

How are YOUR resolutions going for 2016???

3 comments:

  1. Well done!

    I don't make resolutions as I break them immediately, so this year I made a mental list of things I absolutely wouldn't do, hoping I'd defy myself and do them anyway "Must not lose weight". "Must not cut down on wine consumption". "Will not be more creative". "Will not work harder."

    Didn't work. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are actually going pretty well, though it's not been easy and I didn't get off to a good start! There's still 8 months left, you can do it :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely make resolutions as I rarely stick to them! :D

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)