Thursday, 28 April 2016

EVEN *MORE* REASONS WHY I FEEL I'M FAILING AT BEING A "GIRLY GIRL" . . .

So after my post last week about reasons why I fail I'm failing at being a "girly girl", I immediately (of course!) thought of a few more. Damn, blast and blow, I thought, what is a girl to do?

Why, make a part two of course!

So let's do this!


High heels

This is something I've spoken about before - I cannot walk in high heels at all. I frequently fall off them and/or end up with sore shaky legs, plus I look like Bambi on rollerblades. I spent most of six seasons of Sex and the City marvelling at how Carrie Bradshaw could actually not only walk, but RUN, in most of her skyscraper designer shoes! Probably my lack of talent at walking in stilt shoes is also one of the reasons why I don't really get very excited about buying shoes and I virtually live in Primark ballet pumps. Even on nights out if I can get away with it I'll opt for flat or flat(ish) shoes despite only being 5 foot 3.And I own about three pairs of high heels. So I definitely don't feel like a girly girl in this respect!

Contouring

I just don't *get* it . . . how does it even work that you splodge several ridiculous colours in certain bits of your face and it somehow all miraculously BLENDS together AND makes you look like a different person? I doubt I'll ever understand it. I've tried strobing cos that seems a tad easier . . . but I'm pretty sure I can't do that right either.

Beauty appointments

These are right up there with hairdresser appointments for me. I'm probably the only person who has come out of a massage more stressed and/or tense than I started. Why is this stranger touching me? WHEN WILL IT END???

Cocktails

Cocktails always seem like a really girly thing - but if I'm out and everyone else is drooling over the cocktail menu . . . I'm usually looking at the wine list for a large glass of their finest white wine (well, when I say "finest" I usually mean less than seven quid). To me cocktails are expensive for what they are, and usually taste like juice so I end up knocking them back. I just don't see the appeal 95% of the time.  I'm not a massive fan of cocktail making classes either . . . if I AM going to have a cocktail I want it made by the expert, not by my amateurish hands!

Designer Handbags

I seem to be missing whatever gene makes people crave designer handbags. If a Primark bag looked nice, I'd probably use it all the time. I like the feel of slightly more expensive bags, but when I say "slightly more expensive" I mean one from Oasis or Warehouse. I don't think I would ever buy a bag worth say 500 pounds because I'd be thinking "I can get 10 fifty pound bags for that". Or, more likely for me, "I can get one fifty pound bag and 100 cheap bottles of wine. . . " (I'm just hoping my mental arithmetic is right there!)


So . . . there you go . . .  even more reasons why I feel I'm failing at being a "girly girl". Any more?

1 comment:

  1. I also suck at heels and beauty appointments. I genuinely hate hairdressers! Fab post :)

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours
    via the #BloggerationChat

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)