Friday, 4 March 2016

WHY I WOULD *HATE* TO BE A CELEBRITY . . .

*I've always thought it could be a lot of fun to be famous.

Hasn't everyone at some point? It would be awesome, right? You get to go to lots of parties. Get given lots of free stuff. Have lots of fans - well, most of the time. It would be GREAT to have tons of people telling me how absolutely and completely awesome I am. I mean, I KNOW I am anyway (joke!), but having it reinforced is just the best.

But with all the good points there must be some drawbacks.  Here's mine . . .



Celebrity Breakups

A normal break-up, with all of the heartache is entails, is bad enough. But having it broadcast all over the papers and magazines? Having people reading about your pain, and what "sources" have said about you? Having to watch your ex hook up with someone else right in the public eye (if he is famous too, obviously!)? That would be absolutely horrendous!  I don't think i could cope with that. In fact, I think I would have a big celebrity breakdown Ms Spears style and possibly take some sort of blunt object . .. . to my ex's head.


Weight Issues

I am feeling mega-horrid about my weight at the moment (pretty much living with a dude and a love of wine and Dominos two-for-Tuesday will obviously have the odd disadvantage) but at least I'm not having my various rolls of flab scrutinised in magazines! Although perhaps that would be motivation to lose weight, I suppose. It seems to have worked for a lot of celebrities in the past anyway . . .


Always Having To Look Good

There has been the odd occasion when I have left the flat sans make-up (apart from the remnants of the previous day's), accompanied with birds nest hair and probably the rumpled clothes I fell asleep in the night before ,just to stock up on hangover-curing chocolate and diet Irn Bru. I'm not proud of this and I have hoped to god I'm not going to run into anyone I know . . . but at least I know I'm not going to end up photographed and put in a "Celebs with Hangovers" column the next week.


Trust

Could you trust anyone anymore? Close friends and family, sure, but so many celebrities have been sold out by the aforementioned "sources" in the gossip columns . . . and you just know that a lot of these sources will actually be so-called friends who are either revealing secrets they shouldn't or just plain making things up. And I don't know which of those options is worse!


Letting Your Hair Down

I'm sure most of us who drink alcohol have had a dose of The Fear in the past (god knows I have), but losing control and doing a plethora of shots when you're famous is probably going to make The Fear look like a walk in the park. Because your version of The Fear could end up that the silly things you have done are going to be plastered all over the tabloids the next day. No chance of people forgetting that anytime soon!


Other than those drawbacks though, I think I could deal with being a celebrity. And I would have TONS of money . . . which mostly would come from my lawsuits against the magazines writing shit about me. Result!!!

If YOU were famous, what do you think the biggest drawback would be? Discuss.

(I realise that sounded sort of like an essay question in an exam. That was the intention.)



*Parts of this blog post were previously published as a guest-post by me here in 2009. It still holds true for me though.

1 comment:

  1. I used to think I'd like to be famous. Now though, not so much.

    I've never felt even slightly sexy for a single second of my life. I'd hate to be judged on the way I looked.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)