Monday, 23 November 2015

BREAKING UP THE FACEBOOK WAY???

So you've broken up with someone . . . if you're a Facebook addict like myself, probably one of the first things you're going to think about, while you're curled up in a snivelling heap clutching a picture of you together, is how you handle the break-up via social media. And that's not even considering how to change your relationship status without the whole world noticing . . . it's how you're going to cope with seeing them moving on from the window of a computer or smartphone!

But it's okay . . . because Facebook is now testing out a new break-up feature in the States. And this is apparently going to help you get over your ex. Because, when you change your relationship status to single, it will offer you the opportunity to hide their status updates and photos from you, untag posts of them, and hide your status updates and photos from them!

I guess I can see some advantages to this. It means you don't need to read into each and every single cryptic status update your ex posts, wondering whether or not they are regretting the break-up. You don't need to analyse any picture of them that has any member of the opposite sex in it, wondering if this is them moving on. And if you are wanting to wallow in your own miserable status updates to gain shitloads of sympathy from your friends, you can do this without them seeing . . .

Is this not merely a temporary fix though? You can still unhide the posts if you want at any point, right? You could drive yourself crazy that way.

The fact of the matter is this: Facebook has already got a break-up feature available, and it's accessible no matter where you are in the world.

It's called "unfriend" . . . followed by "block".

Hard though this might be (and trust me, I know this!!!) . . . is it not ultimately the best way to move on?

1 comment:

  1. I only have one ex as a facebook friend. We don't interact much and when we do, I'm reminded of why we're not together anymore. I don't know why I stay friends with him on there and pretty much ignore all of his posts.

    If I was dating a guy and we broke up, I think that I'd probably hide his posts, yet I know I'd still check out his page on the sly.

    ReplyDelete

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)