Monday, 28 September 2015

THE BIG OFFICE-BAKE OFF . . . AND A CHEESECAKE RECIPE!


There was a bake-off in work for charity last week. Everyone who signed up for it was basically assigned something to make. I was given cheesecake as my assignment, which was both a blessing and a curse.

I mean, how many flavours of cheesecake can you get? About a million! So I could basically make any sort of cheesecake I had ever dreamed of.

Only limited by the fact that I had never made a cheesecake before.

I didn't let that stop me though - I was up for the challenge! After considering a few different ideas, I found a recipe for Kinder Bueno cheesecake and decided that would be The One. Unfortunately I didn't have enough Kinder Bueno bars . . . so I decided to add some white chocolate into the mix too!

You can visit here for the recipe I used but I'll give you a brief overview of the process here. It's pretty simple - I mean, I managed to make it, and successfully at that, so it's virtually fool-proof.

Oh, and I came second in the competition, so I think that's a good sign of its deliciousness!

Stick digestive biscuits in a bag and bludgeon them into crumbs with a rolling pin. This is very therapeutic if you picture someone you really hate while you're doing it. It is also a very effective method of making sure your biscuits are very VERY finely crumbed. ;-)


Melt butter in the microwave and mix it in with the digestive crumbs. Once this is fully combined, spread it out in a dish. That's your base all ready to go!


Now time for the filling. Whip up Philadelphia (go big and full-fat - I'm sure you're already under no illusions that this is a diet recipe!), mix in icing sugar. Whip up cream, which takes a bit more time (probably a bit more efficient if you have an electric whisk - I sadly did not) and mix all of this together.


Melt the Kinder Buenos and white chocolate in the microwave. You could probably replace this with any other chocolate goodie - trust me though, the Bueno and white chocolate is a fab combo and I would recommend it. I used three full Kinder Bueno bars and about eight squares of chocolate. Mix the melted chocolate into the cream cheese/cream mixture and spread on top of the base. I used a fourth Kinder Bueno bar on top of the cheesecake for decoration.


Refrigerate.

And that's it. You're done. Prepare for delicious cheesecake-yness in your mouth.

What's your favourite type of cheesecake?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanna leave me a comment? Come on, you know you want to really . . . ;)